Duplicates in Library
Question 
I've recently upgraded my system with a totally fresh install of 9.04 as I was running a pretty old version of XBMC, so it seemed like a great time to upgrade to a new video card and get VDPAU support (which runs just awesome!)

Now after I rescanned all my media into the Library, I noticed quite a few duplicates.. Seems like all the videos that have several files that make up the movie are being treated as separate videos Sad I do have "treat stacked files as a single file" checked in the video options and I never had this issue with my old setup..

Am I missing something here? I just did a apt-get update and apt-get upgrade before posting, so I should be fairly currrent..

Any insight would be appreciated..
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)
Sometimes it's just easier to rename these files something like so.

scenegroup-moviename-a-xvid.avi >> scenegroup-moviename-cd1-xvid.avi
scenegroup-moviename-b-xvid.avi >> scenegroup-moviename-cd2-xvid.avi

moviename1-scenegroup.avi >> moviename-cd1-scenegroup.avi
moviename2-scenegroup.avi >> moviename-cd2-scenegroup.avi
moviename3-scenegroup.avi >> moviename-cd3-scenegroup.avi

I had a few stragglers of such a nature and after renaming them just a clean library and a rescan cleared up the clutter for me.
*shrugs* Just an idea, best of luck.
Thanks for the suggestion, but this used to work just fine with my media and the older xbmc version... oh well
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)
Without a log we can't help you at all. You probably need to rebuild your db as some path has changed.
Not sure how a log would help, as there is no error.. This was after loading in the media into a clean fresh database, so nothing changed. It's just not stacking the files properly..
I'm just in the middle or reorganizing some of the media, so after thats done, I will start with a clean db and will add the media again. If it still shows duplicates, I will post the log.
The stacking rules have probably changed since your old version was published.
For example sequels could be stacked.

My bet is you are not conforming to the new stacking rules.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicates in Library0