Hide sources in files view?
I'm using a skin that has these links in the main menu: Movies, TV Shows, Videos. Movies goes straight to the movie library, TV Shows to the TV library and Videos to file view.

In files view I have the sources for TV Shows and Movies along with a few others for miscellaneous home videos and such. I would like to hide the TV Show and Movies in this area because I don't want them to be accessible in files mode... only in Library which the home screen links to.

Is it possible to hide sources, yet still allow them to be used for library updates?
I think it prompts you for removal from the db if you remove them from the source list in files view - just tell it to keep them. The db doesn't care - as long as the paths are in the db they'll stay there.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:I think it prompts you for removal from the db if you remove them from the source list in files view - just tell it to keep them. The db doesn't care - as long as the paths are in the db they'll stay there.

Nice. Thanks. So even after you remove the source it'll still keep scanning all the paths in it?

Actually, I'll just back up everything and then give it a try and find out for sure.
If you remove them from sources.xml, you will not even be asked, the paths will still be in the library.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hide sources in files view?0