SMB Client problem with Babylon beta 1
I am running Babylon beta 1 (Built on Apr 21 2009 (SVN:19573)) on AppleTV.

-bash-2.05b$ uname -a
Darwin appletv.home 8.8.2 Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.2: Mon Jan 29 18:57:29 PST 2007; root:xnu-792.94.18~1/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386

Installed with and run under Launcher 3.0.

My xbmc.log is at http://pastebin.com/m6c81104b

Here's the issue:

My videos are on a D-Link DNS-323 NAS. I ran Atlantis on AppleTV with this NAS (connecting via smb) for several months with no issues at all. After I installed Babylon, I lost the ability to connect to the NAS at all. Attempting to open a folder yields "Unable to connect to server," Attempting to browse the workgroup that the NAS is in yields "Invalid parameter." I highlighted these events in the log.

Network connectivity is fine. I can shell into the appletv (that's how I got the log) and the weather application and rss reader are working fine.

The NAS is still accessible by several other computers (all Macs coincidentally).

Is anyone experiencing a similar issue?
Somebody else reported a similar issue.

Has something to do with lanman authentication. I have a dns-323 as well and it is okay. But I don't use lanman auth. Try setting that to false on your dns-323's smb.conf.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Okay, I've gone ahead and committed a fix (hopefully) that should solve this. The reason this happened is that recently Samba decided to set lanman auth default to off where it used to be on.

r19733 should solve it.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thank you for both responses!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB Client problem with Babylon beta 10