Play trailer in video window when it's first played?
Hi I am trying to make it so that when I play a trailer it is not played in fullscreen but rather in a specified window in the GUI. Is there a trick to do that?

Right now when I press the down button while browsing, the movie trailer will play but then I have to press escape to get back to the above screen. The trailer is in the top box. The weird thing is if I press down couple more times when the "opening stream" dialog pops up, the trailer will play in that box without going fullscreen first which is what I want. But that trick only works for imdb trailers and not for trailers stored locally.

This is what I did:
Code:
<ondown>PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.Trailer])</ondown>

Code:
    <control type="videowindow" id="2">
                  <description>My first video control</description>
                      <posx>0</posx>
                      <posy>0</posy>
                      <width>299</width>
                      <height>165</height>
                </control>

If the answer above is a no, is there any control that maybe have the escape button pressed automatically after I press down? Thanks
there is a <advancedsettings> for launching vids in general non-fullscreen. maybe you can use that one
Thanks. It works perfectly. Now my guests can read the movie info while watching trailer at the same time.

Now the only problem is that when the actual movie is played by pressing "enter", the movie is not in fullscreen. Is there a way to only apply the advancedsettings.xml to trailers?

If not I guess I will have to label something like "press tab for fullscreen".

Thanks a lot.
Also instead of pressing down, can the trailer be played automatically when xbmc is idling for 5 sec. Something like:

Code:
<onSystemIdle =(5)>PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.Trailer])</onSystemIdle>

Thanks.
That's a very nice looking skin. Which one is that? :>
It's Aeon Auriga.
Thanks man.
In case someone wants the solution. This did the trick.

Code:
<ondown>PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.Trailer],1)</ondown>
anoobie Wrote:In case someone wants the solution. This did the trick.

Code:
<ondown>PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.Trailer],1)</ondown>

i've use your trailer mod for Aeon, but i am trying to use it the start playing TV Show Episodes aswell, but as we can only have one <ondown> is they away i can control when each <ondown> should be active.
the code i'm using to play the episodes in a window is:
Code:
<ondown>PlayMedia($INFO[listitem.path]$INFO[listitem.filename],1)
it works but i can only have either <ondown> to play trailers or <ondown> to play tv episodes, i want to crontrol when each <ondown> should respond. hope i made sense Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play trailer in video window when it's first played?0