[LIVE] HOW-TO build a XBMC Live USB without burning a CD on Windows
come on help a brother out...
Take a look at my previous post on this thread. That's how my syslinux.cfg file looks after the edit.

default vesamenu.c32
prompt 0
menu title Choose your card
timeout 5

label unetbootindefault
menu label Default
kernel /live/vmlinuz
append initrd=/live/initrd.img boot=live vga=788 xbmc=autostart,tempfs,setvolume splash quiet loglevel=0 module=nvidia persistent quickreboot quickusbmodules notimezone noaccessibility noapparmor noaptcdrom noautologin noxautologin noconsolekeyboard nofastboot nognomepanel nohosts nokpersonalizer nolanguageselector nolocales nonetworking nopowermanagement noprogramcrashes nojockey nosudo noupdatenotifier nouser nopolkitconf noxautoconfig noxscreensaver nopreseed union=aufs
When creating the live-usb with Unetbootin from Windows (Vista/7) you sometimes get this error. A friend of mine suggested another solution than all of the above. Create the USB stick with Unetbootin from a Linux (Ubuntu) box and NOT a windows system. Apparently something is different between the two because now my system just boots flawlessly!
I have tried every suggestion on this thread to the letter, but I am still unable to get past the 'Detect and mount CD ROM drivers stage of the Live USB installation'.

Can someone please advise how XBMC Live can be installed by USB?
pipps Wrote:I have tried every suggestion on this thread to the letter, but I am still unable to get past the 'Detect and mount CD ROM drivers stage of the Live USB installation'.

Can someone please advise how XBMC Live can be installed by USB?

This really does need to be sorted, as I'm having the issue too! Angry
I've created a new wiki page for installing from USB here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...thumbdrive

Please start referring to this new page and update the wiki as necessary.

BTW: This thread was started almost three years ago...maybe it's time it got closed out.

thanks,
r

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] HOW-TO build a XBMC Live USB without burning a CD on Windows2