Make 'TV Shows' & 'Movies' menu items go to different locations?
I want my 'TV Shows' & 'Movies' menu items to go to different locations.

TV Shows: source name = "TV Shows", view = 'files'

Movies: source name = "Movies", view = 'library'

any way to easily do this?

I'd think this would be built into the settings gui at this point but I do not see it.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Looking for the same exact thing. Prefer TV shows to be in file view all the time but it always defaults to library.
Edit "Includes_MainMenu.xml"

Look for:
PHP Code:
<item id="7">
    <
description>My Videos</description>
    <
label>31014</label>
        <
onclick>Skin.SetBool(videotv)</onclick>
        <
onclick>Skin.Reset(videomovies)</onclick>
        <
onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,tvshowtitles,return)</onclick>
        <
visible>!Skin.HasSetting(notvshows)</visible>
        <
visible>[Skin.HasSetting(onetouch) + Skin.HasSetting(nosubmenutv)] | !Skin.HasSetting(onetouch)</visible>
</
item

And replace:
PHP Code:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,tvshowtitles,return)</onclick

with:
PHP Code:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(24)</onclick

This bring you to the root in your mapped folders, the you can point the link direct to your series. If you have a folder named "tvshows" for your TV Shows add this:

PHP Code:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(24,tvshows)</onclick
Got it working. Thanks. Quick question, how do I rename "Videos" to "TV Shows" on the home screen. Or, is there a way to replace the code that links to "TV Shows" with the code changes you just provided?

(hope I'm not hijacking the thread)
This really needs to be part of XBMC so people are not hacking the XMLs

Maybe as a band-aid DJH will add it to the skin.
Livin Wrote:This really needs to be part of XBMC so people are not hacking the XMLs

Maybe as a band-aid DJH will add it to the skin.

I disagree actually. 'TV Shows' and 'Movies' have been designed for use with xbmc's library function. For file mode there is 'Videos' available. You could just remove 'TV Shows' from the home screen to achieve what you want.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
MrIcka
I made the changes but it still sets my Movies to the TV folder?

Cranial Wrote:I disagree actually. 'TV Shows' and 'Movies' have been designed for use with xbmc's library function. For file mode there is 'Videos' available. You could just remove 'TV Shows' from the home screen to achieve what you want.

I don't understand your point.

I want to use file mode with TV Shows & library mode with Movies ... removing a menu item gives no solution.
djh,
I hope you can add something to AEON to make TV & Movies "separate"

thx
Livin Wrote:MrIcka
I want to use file mode with TV Shows & library mode with Movies ... removing a menu item gives no solution.

There are three menu options: Videos, Movies, and TV Shows. Movies and TV Shows are intended to be in Library mode, while Videos are for the file view. He's saying that you could use Movies and Videos (achieving the library mode for movies and file mode for tv shows) and remove the TV Show menu item.

Of course, then you'd probably want to rename Videos, but that's another XML question. Tongue
arosequi Wrote:There are three menu options: Videos, Movies, and TV Shows. Movies and TV Shows are intended to be in Library mode, while Videos are for the file view. He's saying that you could use Movies and Videos (achieving the library mode for movies and file mode for tv shows) and remove the TV Show menu item.

Of course, then you'd probably want to rename Videos, but that's another XML question. Tongue

ah... I understand the point now. thx for clarifying. I'll try to play with the XML to see if I can get what I'm looking for.

It would still be nice if we could 'set' each link to the "mode" we want. DJH, this would be nice Nod
Did you get this to work (rename the Videos on the main menu)?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Make 'TV Shows' & 'Movies' menu items go to different locations?0