muliplex view plot help please
Hey all..

How does you get the 2 pics to show up i mulitplex mode when you are in plot.. i got nothing there

Thanks

Martin
Movies need to be stored in individual folders, in a subdirectory called "extrathumbs" and you have to create the thumbs yourself as jpeg's (or with some automated program). Like so:

F:\Movies\Amercan Pie\extrathumbs\thumb1.jpg
F:\Movies\Amercan Pie\extrathumbs\thumb2.jpg
I think the additional folder was a mistake. 2 files compared to a folder that makes library updates irritating..
XBMC now scans each one of these in for me as a library item matching them with a movie called Extras. lol
LaTropa64 Wrote:Movies need to be stored in individual folders, in a subdirectory called "extrathumbs" and you have to create the thumbs yourself as jpeg's (or with some automated program). Like so:

F:\Movies\Amercan Pie\extrathumbs\thumb1.jpg
F:\Movies\Amercan Pie\extrathumbs\thumb2.jpg

Yeah that's how djh explained it himself here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=323...stcount=66

I couldn't try this yet coz I used file level until now. But this view really is a good reason to move everything to folder level. Is there some tool out there doing all the renaming, copying etc for me so I can just provide my file level folders and click a button? Or do I have to write one myself?
I think it's a cool feature but I'm just not in the mood to update 1,000+ movies in my library with two new thumbnails so, when I get around to it, I'll be hacking the view to just display a larger poster image or the fanart.
LaTropa64 Wrote:I think it's a cool feature but I'm just not in the mood to update 1,000+ movies in my library with two new thumbnails so, when I get around to it, I'll be hacking the view to just display a larger poster image or the fanart.

You can already choose to show the fanart instead of thumbs ;-) Just go to the menu where you can switch the views and go right a couple of times to the option where you can change the mode (which is on "Thumbs" by default).
I'm thinking something along these lines:

It would be great if it was an option by default in Aeon... that way it keeps both those who go through the trouble of updating all their movies with new artwork happy and those of us who are too lazy happy.
Montellese Wrote:You can already choose to show the fanart instead of thumbs ;-) Just go to the menu where you can switch the views and go right a couple of times to the option where you can change the mode (which is on "Thumbs" by default).

I posted too soon. I'll have to look for that option. That would work too. Thanks for the info.
LaTropa64 Wrote:I posted too soon. I'll have to look for that option. That would work too. Thanks for the info.

No problem I found it by accident yesterday when I checked the options for multiplex view coz I didn't like the 2 black spaces on my screen Wink

I can't provide you with the exact names of the options though coz I'm at work atm.
So all we need to do is make a folder call extra and the copy the pige inthere?would you try to give a exsample ( like filename etc )
Latropa; how do you make the skin only show 1 flag?
Probably he hasn't set the other flags in the <studio> tag in the NFO.
I made this, only kept the info i think is important the rest is under fullscreen info and added the plot, scrolling.

The edited file:
http://pastebin.com/m2e819601
just copy and past in your Viewtype_Multiplex.xml

Sorry for the past bin but i can't upload files from work =\
How about this one I made for the guests who are xbmc noobs.

Press down to see preview.

Press x to stop.

Press Tab to see fullscreen.

Montellese Wrote:No problem I found it by accident yesterday when I checked the options for multiplex view coz I didn't like the 2 black spaces on my screen Wink

I can't provide you with the exact names of the options though coz I'm at work atm.

Hmmm... It doesn't seem to be working for me.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Montellese Wrote:Probably he hasn't set the other flags in the <studio> tag in the NFO.
Yep, I haven't got around to updating all my movies with the studio hack so I just turned off "default icons for media flags" in the advanced aeon options.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
muliplex view plot help please0