image manipulation
I have been trying to learn some coding the wiki and the skining manual have are very good and can be easy followed even by me. The only thing thus far that I am having a hard time getting to grips with with is the diffuse tag. In the documentation there is mention of be able to adjust gain transparency as well as other effects that can be achieved but no direct example code.

below is an example of the kind thing I am trying to do

Code:
<control type="image">
                    <posx>740</posx>
                    <posy>53</posy>
                    <width>300</width>
                    <height>350</height>
                    <texture>black.png</texture>
                                <visible>Control.HasFocus(6000)</visible>
                                <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="60" time="200" condition="Control.HasFocus(6000)">Conditional</animation>
                       </control>

I have been able to adjust the transparency original image using an animation but want to be able to feather the edges of the image so slowly blend or fade into the background. Is this currently possible with the diffuse tag? If it is would some mind giving me some real world examples of how it works
You need to apply the diffuse to the texture tag. So something like:

Code:
<control type="image">
                    <posx>740</posx>
                    <posy>53</posy>
                    <width>300</width>
                    <height>350</height>
                    <texture diffuse="diffusetexture.png">black.png</texture>
                                <visible>Control.HasFocus(6000)</visible>
                                <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="60" time="200" condition="Control.HasFocus(6000)">Conditional</animation>
                       </control>
thanks for the tip after a little play about and I think I get at last. My thinking on this was all wrong I had assumed diffuse was a standalone a tag instead of an attribute of the <texture> tag. I think I can probably active what i want to do with with a combination of the <texture> and <bordertexture> once I find the correct combination of images to use. In essence direct image (texture) manipulation is currently confined to image blending using diffuse, flipx, align, animations and the <height> and <width> tags.

I was hoping that you would be able to control transparency particularly along the edges of a texture more directly. so you could have dissipate like smoke type effects using any standed black texture which most skins already contain. Is there any chance of a transparency tag being added with some relevant attributes and controls: increase, decrease, top bottom, left, right, centre and edge and maybe some effects like grain, pixelation, smoke and precipitation. You guys would have better idea of what's workable and usefully just some uneducated suggestions.

now im off read the skining manual again for hopefully I wont get so easily baffled next time I'm think reading without skimming is key thing
The diffuse is a texture, so you put whatever effects you want in that. It's a simple multiplicative diffuse.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
image manipulation0