• 1(current)
[MOD] Multiplex View with Video Window Mod

Press down to see preview.

mod files

Turn on legacy multiplex to use.

Trailers: I scrape nfos with Media Companion so I can stream most of the trailers from imdb. For downloaded trailers just put them in the movie folder and rename to moviename-trailer.anyextension, ie bolt.mkv then trailer is bolt-trailer.mov (or avi or watever) then refresh movie info.

Also for slideshow, images are loaded from "extrathumbs" folder

Edit:
Added another mod

Turn on legacy multiplex to use. For best result set info=on
Mod2

Edit2 Added another mod

Warning: This will completely mess up aeon's Movie's multiplex view, TV show view is not affected I think.
For it to look nice, set fanart=off, info=on
The slideshow is from pictures in extrathumbs folder.

Edit3 Added transparency so having backdrop on still looks ok
Edit4 Updated Mod1
Edit5 Made use of other multiplex layouts
Edit6 changed the various multiplex layouts a little bit per request
Edit7 Trigger and Auto functions should look better now. Also moved studio flags into studios folder in flags folder
Edit8=mod3.4 Changed Art layout to also show slideshow of extrathumbs, plot outline fades over the big thumb.
Edit9 6/11/09 Updated to use legacy multiplex mode.
Edit10 6/13/09 Updated mod2.
Edit11 6/14/09 Updated mod2 with wacky animation.
Edit12 7/16/09 Updated mod3 and mod2 for native flagging compatibility.

Plot

Thumb & Art

Turn on legacy multiplex to use.

mod3 file
Sweet!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Holy cow.
I feel like this mod proves that XBMC coders are the best, brightest, and most awesome coders in the world. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks seriously cool.
Shocked

I've heard about learning something new every day but I swear I learned about six different things just by looking at the screenshots. *cracks knuckles, gets to work*

EDIT: Ah, just read the bit about your cast info workaround. I'll have to unlearn that. ;-)
I'm bought on this one. What I don't understand, what's the difference between having the cast in the DB and in the .nfo file? Isn't the .nfo file scanned to DB as well? Or do you have additional InfoLabels for accessing the .nfo file directly (in case it's an XML file obiviously)?
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
I was planning on sticking with showcase for movies but this will make me do some serious thinking. Especially if djh incorporates it into the official release, which his comment suggests he might.
Ah. So the only way to send the trailer direct to the window is to basically deactivate all automatic fullscreen playback for the whole of XBMC? Either that or the trailer kicks off in fullscreen and you have to manually switch to the windowed version.

Hmm, not quite as seamless as it initially seemed. A nice mod but I think I'll wait until XBMC has that vital PlayWindowedMedia(ListItem.Trailer) function before taking it on. Unless you can already do that and I've missed something, of course.
djh_ Wrote:Ah. So the only way to send the trailer direct to the window is to basically deactivate all automatic fullscreen playback for the whole of XBMC? Either that or the trailer kicks off in fullscreen and you have to manually switch to the windowed version.

Hmm, not quite as seamless as it initially seemed. A nice mod but I think I'll wait until XBMC has that vital PlayWindowedMedia(ListItem.Trailer) function before taking it on. Unless you can already do that and I've missed something, of course.

For the love of God somebody tell him hes missed something! I want nay NEED this view.
I do at least like the view with the fanart, and tagline above it, that would be sweet.

Also, just because i feel like playing, which version did you take Viewtype_Multiplex from? ie how long ago. I just want to see a diff.

--FF
Fuckin' sweet!!

That looks really professional...

Would it be at all possible to maybe press down again to stop trailer?
Thanks very nice but where's advancedsettings.xml?
mkv: you have to create it.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=AdvancedSettings.xml

Now I don't mean to threadjack, nor do I wish to clutter the forums with yet another mod of a skin that's in development, and I don't really consider this a mod, I just hope something like this gets implemented as I don't really use trailers, but anoobie inspired me with his idea:
(Click for larger)

This picture depicts what I have done,
--Moved the plot to the right
--Added the Slideshow
--Removed the 2 small images
--Added a scrolling tagline
--Show the fanart if no image slide show is available(see this in next picture)

(Click for larger)

My roommate simply can't live without his plot summaries Smile

--FF
@fernferret: you're such a dick for highjackkng this thread Wink

Anyhow, I love the mod, it looks great, and exactly what I've been looking for (I've been ripping trailers from my dvd's, or finding them online e so this would be perfect.

FF, I love the plot summary idea, I find this very useful. It's a good idea to show the fanart if no slideshow is availible, Anyhow I haven't had a chance to read through the multiplex thread all the way. I was wondering how to add images for the slideshow. (where to I place be images, and what's the naming scheme?)
What the hell we're already off topic Smile

-Movie (folder)
--extrathumbs (folder)
--thumb1.jpg
--thumb2.jpg
--thumbX.jpg

--FF
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Multiplex View with Video Window Mod4