[MOD] Multiplex View with Video Window Mod
does it play the trailer in the window?
somehow it always goes into fullscreen?
Did i miss something ?

i have made the entry:
<fullscreenonmoviestart>false</fullscreenonmoviestart>
in the advancedsettings.xml
but it still goes into fullscreen.
this looks awsome, i agree that if this doesn't have the ability to play trailers or clips i think it should be similar to display maybe random images from within the video folder.Big Grin
V.

*Windows 7 Pro
*EVGA 512-P2-N635-AR GeForce 7950GT 512MB
*ASUS M2N32-WS Pro AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI ATX Server Motherboard
*AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2.4GHz Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor
djh_ Wrote:Ah. So the only way to send the trailer direct to the window is to basically deactivate all automatic fullscreen playback for the whole of XBMC? Either that or the trailer kicks off in fullscreen and you have to manually switch to the windowed version.

Hmm, not quite as seamless as it initially seemed. A nice mod but I think I'll wait until XBMC has that vital PlayWindowedMedia(ListItem.Trailer) function before taking it on. Unless you can already do that and I've missed something, of course.

Yeah, basically when you wanna watch the real movie, you have to press tab.

This mod was created with the xbmc noobs in mind. I always have guests come to my house and they keep asking me what's the movie about, can we see preview, etc. This basically gives them all that without them bugging me. And with kiosk mode on, it's perfect.
Quote:For the love of God somebody tell him hes missed something! I want nay NEED this view.

you need to put this in advancedsettings.xml
Code:
Quote:Also, just because i feel like playing, which version did you take Viewtype_Multiplex from? ie how long ago. I just want to see a diff.

I just updated the files using the latest ones from github.

Quote:Thanks very nice but where's advancedsettings.xml?

go to AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata make a text file name it to advancedsettings.xml, then in it put this

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <video>
    </video>
</advancedsettings>

Quote:where to I place be images, and what's the naming scheme?

For this mod, you put the images in your movie folder and the images can be any name. The movie fanart and movie poster are also used in the slideshow so it will cycles between those if you don't have extra images.
neurosis13 Wrote:does it play the trailer in the window?
somehow it always goes into fullscreen?
Did i miss something ?

i have made the entry:
in the advancedsettings.xml
but it still goes into fullscreen.

does it look like this:

<advancedsettings>
<video>
</video>
</advancedsettings>
ethan_9219 Wrote:Fuckin' sweet!!

That looks really professional...

Would it be at all possible to maybe press down again to stop trailer?

That's what I wanna do also but I can't figure out how. Maybe some real skinners can help out.
Very nice looking. Good work.

But why pressing down to see the trailer? I mean in every other view pressing down first brings up a progress bar and if you press down again you can get rid off all the information and enjoy your backdrop. Not that I really ever do it, but this kinda messes witht the key bindings of all the other views.
Well, i just figured if he started with down, then you should end with down, too....As for choosing down in the first place, i'm not sure why...But is there anything wrong with that choice?
Well I agree with your proposal of using the same button to start and end the trailer.

Only issue I see with "Arrow down" is that it has a totally different purpose in all the other views. It's just a question of consistency. But I can't really provide an alternative key for this purpose.
anoobie Wrote:does it look like this:

<advancedsettings>
<video>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

missed the </video> entrys.
I will try later at home.
thanks.
Nod
One bad thing with this is that the scrollbar is no longer working =\
MrIcka Wrote:One bad thing with this is that the scrollbar is no longer working =\

That's why I proposed to not use "Arrow down" for the trailer start but some other key.
hey.

Do i need to trigger a setting to get trailere to work or do i need a script. Downloaded a trailer and i put in my movie folder but nothing shows up. Iam missing something?
Maybe hit INFO button? For trailer? The movie synopsis and cast are already there so INFO wouldn't be needed for that... just a thought.

Where does this mod grab the trailers from? The last post suggested someone putting a trailer alongside their movie in a folder. 1080p trailer (150mb avg?) x 300 movies in a collection = 4.5GB in trailers. Hmm I guess it's not sooo bad. Anyway to grab them from online? (if they're databased already using the FULL amt, would that be possible?)
@djh: put the missing things for this (windowed play and the info not being able to show) on trac as feature request (after 9.04)
Hidd3nFury Wrote:For the love of God somebody tell him hes missed something! I want nay NEED this view.

ROFL Smile

We need to get the fullscreen / windowed feature in ASAP. This view is huuuuge news Smile
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Multiplex View with Video Window Mod4