xbmc flashes on then off
hi all
hope someone can help with this, when i start xbmc it flashes on then goes straight back off again, if i use the terminal i get this report

The XBMC_HOME environment variable is not set.
X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Major opcode of failed request: 1 (X_CreateWindow)
Serial number of failed request: 21
Current serial number in output stream: 22
CRITSEC[0x8bec5e4]: Trying to enter destroyed section.
CRITSEC[0x8bec5e4]: Trying to leave destroyed section.

i am running ubuntu 9.04
thanks nush
nush Wrote:hi all
hope someone can help with this, when i start xbmc it flashes on then goes straight back off again, if i use the terminal i get this report

The XBMC_HOME environment variable is not set.
X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Major opcode of failed request: 1 (X_CreateWindow)
Serial number of failed request: 21
Current serial number in output stream: 22
CRITSEC[0x8bec5e4]: Trying to enter destroyed section.
CRITSEC[0x8bec5e4]: Trying to leave destroyed section.

i am running ubuntu 9.04
thanks nush

How are you "starting" xbmc?
Debug log on pastebin.
hi davilla
i have tried typing xbmc in terminal, which gives the result above. i have also clicked the program starter in the usual way and all i get is xbmc flashes on and then straight off.

hi althekiller
i saw a debug log similar to this early yesterday but when i went back to check it i couldnt find it, it also related i think to a different graphics chip but i am not sure if that is relevant
nush
hi
after repository down load today, xbmc now starts but mouse pointer is very hit and miss, i havent had time yet to look on here for solutions but thanks xbmc for getting me this far
nush
I got this error before. It's a problem with ati driver/jaunty X. I had to go back to 8.10 for the time being.
hi zepfan
my graphics chip is sis so unfortunately its not ubuntu that is the problem its sis as they havent released a linux driver
nush
nush Wrote:hi zepfan
my graphics chip is sis so unfortunately its not ubuntu that is the problem its sis as they havent released a linux driver
nush
Interesting. Maybe it's not an ATI issue that I was having then. It must be something with Jaunty though because once I moved back, it was fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc flashes on then off0