Batch program to move files to separate folders
yes it move all related file in folders.
all you have to do is launch the program, select the path and clic start !
Thanks Nmarconi I have no idea how many hours your little programme has just saved me, it worked flawlessly.
garyi Wrote:Thanks Nmarconi I have no idea how many hours your little programme has just saved me, it worked flawlessly.

Glad to help out!

garyi Wrote:Hi just to clarify I have a folder with round 70 movies, and of course 70 fan arts 70 nfos etc, these scripts will create folders based on the movie and stick all related files including the movie into it?

How do I use the script (Sorry mac boy here but I do have XP on bootcamp)

I'm not sure this will work on a mac running xp via bootcamp as the files need to be in a windows directory. I would seriously test it on a folder with only a few movies first if you are going to attempt it. I don't know anything about macs.
Well as I say it worked flawlessly. Importantly I booted into XP proper.

Not meaning to step on more knowledgeable toes, but basically XP under bootcamp, is XP proper straight and proper. My files are on a nas which XP picks up in a proper windows styleee.
garyi Wrote:Well as I say it worked flawlessly. Importantly I booted into XP proper.

Not meaning to step on more knowledgeable toes, but basically XP under bootcamp, is XP proper straight and proper. My files are on a nas which XP picks up in a proper windows styleee.

Ahh - i was worried the files were stored locally on your mac and i didnt know if that would screw it up. Glad it worked!
Hitcher Wrote:Blimey, how'd you manage to find that?

I've been blessed with a memory that holds on to the useless little stuff but seems to let go of the important things.

I just remembered the thread where I got it and who posted it. Was pretty easy to find after that. Smile
Nmarconi Wrote:Below is the link to the .net program I threw together that will convert a folder full of flat movies like this:

All Movies\Movie Title.mkv (or avi, mp4, m4v, iso, mov, img)
All Movies\Movie Title.tbn
All Movies\Movie Title.nfo
All Movies\Movie Title-fanart.jpg

And converts to either of these options:

1)
All Movies\Movie Title\Movie Title.mkv (or whatever the original ext was)
All Movies\Movie Title\Movie Title.tbn
All Movies\Movie Title\Movie Title.nfo
All Movies\Movie Title\Movie Title-fanart.jpg

2)
All Movies\Movie Title\Movie Title.mkv
All Movies\Movie Title\movie.tbn
All Movies\Movie Title\movie.nfo
All Movies\Movie Title\fanart.jpg

THE PROGRAM WILL NOT WORK IF YOU HAVE YOUR MOVIES IN VOB FOLDERS!
THE PROGRAM WILL NOT MOVE TRAILERS!
THE PROGRAM WILL NOT WORK WITH MULTIPLE PART MOVIES!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU SETUP A TEST FOLDER TO TRY OUT YOUR SPECIFIC SETUP.

http://www.mediafire.com/?indtoihihhy

Hope this helps! Also, seriously - please test it on a small folder to see if your specific setup presents any challenges i did not address. This is intended to be used in very strait forward simple setups.

Nice job, just tested it on a test folder and it worked perfectly. Gonna let it go berserk on all my movies tomorrow.

Could you extend your program to have it move trailers as well?

BUT I got to report a "bug" ;-) I get an uncaught Exception when clicking "OK" without having selected a folder before.
Montellese Wrote:Nice job, just tested it on a test folder and it worked perfectly. Gonna let it go berserk on all my movies tomorrow.

Could you extend your program to have it move trailers as well?

BUT I got to report a "bug" ;-) I get an uncaught Exception when clicking "OK" without having selected a folder before.

Ah, yeah, like i said, i threw this thing together. I could add trailers. Let me look to see how difficult it would be.
Nmarconi Wrote:Ah, yeah, like i said, i threw this thing together. I could add trailers. Let me look to see how difficult it would be.

Thanks for your effort.

Trailers could be detected with something like <moviename>-trailer.<ext> where the extension could be anything like mov, avi etc so I wouldn't really care about it.
My solutions was pretty low tech. I'm no programmer. All my movies have an nfo associated with them that were named exactly the same as the movie so this is what I did:

At a dos prompt in my movie directory: dir /b *.nfo > movie.bat

Then I edited movie.bat and did a find and replace .nfo with nothing
replaced regular expression ^ (beginning of line) with mkdir "
replaced regular expression $ (end of line with) "

Everything in movie.bat ended up looking like this

mkdir "300 (2006)"
mkdir "Batman The Dark Knight (2008)"
mkdir "Corpse Bride (2005)"
etc...

Then I ran the batch file and it created all the directories.

To move them, I went back to the batch file and turned it into a giant list that looked like this with more find and replace:

"300 (2006)"
"Batman The Dark Knight (2008)"
"Corpse Bride (2005)"

Imported it into excel in two different columns and turned it into a new text file (again, called movie.bat) that looked like this

"300 (2006)" "300 (2006)"
"Batman The Dark Knight (2008)" "Batman The Dark Knight (2008)"
"Corpse Bride (2005)" "Corpse Bride (2005)"

I edited that list to replace regular expression ^ with move
replaced " " with *" "

So now it looked like this

move "300 (2006)*" "300 (2006)"

And then ran the new movie.bat. All done.
Montellese Wrote:Thanks for your effort.

Trailers could be detected with something like <moviename>-trailer.<ext> where the extension could be anything like mov, avi etc so I wouldn't really care about it.

All set - added trailers and fixed little bug.

Download here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3mwd2awiynw
Great! Just what I was holding out for. Thanks a lot for your help Nmarconi and others!
Nmarconi Wrote:All set - added trailers and fixed little bug.

Download here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3mwd2awiynw

Man this tool works like a charm, very well done.
Somehow it didn't take my trailers with <moviename>-trailer.mov (e.g. "300-trailer.mov" or "Bee Movie-trailer.mov") but as I only just started getting trailers I only had to move around 30 trailers.

Thanks again for your work.

EDIT: Just noticed that your tool missed my .ts files but as there were only two I don't mind that either :-)
Montellese Wrote:Man this tool works like a charm, very well done.
Somehow it didn't take my trailers with <moviename>-trailer.mov (e.g. "300-trailer.mov" or "Bee Movie-trailer.mov") but as I only just started getting trailers I only had to move around 30 trailers.

Thanks again for your work.

EDIT: Just noticed that your tool missed my .ts files but as there were only two I don't mind that either :-)

Ahh yeah - must have been a typo that caused mov trailers to be missed and i wasn't thinking about ts files - ill fix the mov trailers and add ts files and upload version 3 when i get home tomorrow night.
anyone know of a mac program that will do this? I have all my movies and poster files and nfo's in one folder, and would like to store them in separate folders as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Batch program to move files to separate folders0