[Solved]: Cache settings in wrong place (with screenshot)
Cache settings are under "Pictures" section and not under "System" section as it should be.

Aeon Auriga pulled of Git today.
I thought the cache was removed from all branches except the Xbox anyway?
Added a screenshot (running Linux SVN r19845)

I think either djh has removed it from System but forgot to remove it from Pictures or it's not been entirely removed from XBMC.
It shouldn't be under pictures anyhow. Only was under system before removed.
Fixed in r19882, thanks cptspiff
guys why has this been removed?

I'm struggling with some online videos, and some more cache might be the solution. Any other way to increase my video cache for online videos?
From what I can gather they don't do a thing on anything but the Xbox.
cache IS hardly EVER the solution for a streaming problem, personally i have never had it solve anything. it can, at best, offset issues with a few seconds. if your uplink is too slow to stream, no cache in the world can hide that. and yes, hitcher is correct
humm...

A cache clearly can never resolve bandwidth limitations, however, as a buffer it can overcome fluctuations in bandwidth (where say for instance my son hogs the bandwidth for 30 seconds or so).

a 2-3 minute buffer would be superb, esp if playback could begin prior to filling the buffer.

Interesting to know the buffer never worked on anything but XB, since I could never see an improvement.

This MAY sound like a radical thought... but I'd be delighted with an option to "copy then play locally"... which would basically be a total file copy to the local PC and playback from there. I can live with waiting 5 minutes for the file copy knowing that playback would then be perfect.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved]: Cache settings in wrong place (with screenshot)0