• 6(current)
ScraperXML (Open Source XML Web Scraper C# Library) please help verify my work...
good now i can move on to supporting TVShow scrapers
Then Music video scrapers
Then Music Scrapers

The hardest part is over now its just a matter of adding in the other functions and considerations for things other than movies

after that i'm going to start making custom scrapers for games, comics, books, magazines
(I'm quite ambitious)
i'd do mvids first as that's pretty much identical to movies, the online part that is. the other part is just another function that is fed the filename.
Allright i'll go with music vids next.

is there somewhere i could find a list of standard function in each scraper type and what the return data is supposed to look like (because i've already noticed TVShows has a completely different return format from movies in get search results)
only documentation as ever when i do stuff is the source itself Wink

see CIMDB::InternalFindMovie

the return format should be the same, maybe some diff attributes but it's all a basic <details><entity>..</entity></details> thingie. as "proof" of that, we have only one method that we use in XBMC itself.
Congrats on the release! Sorry I missed it last night.... ended up passing out during the movie. :/
Quick Question

Where in the source do you define your music video tags?
Just compiled the test app and it worked perfectly.
you guys aware that the mtv and yahoomusic scrapers don't currently work in XBMC (at least the versions released with 9.04)?

I'm going to go ahead and fix them and submit a diff.

Oh and btw, support for music video scrapers is done, as soon as i manage to fix the two that exist
on to TV Shows next

Edit: Sorry, the yahoomusic scraper works on quite a few videos, however its just the fact that most of the music videos i have are obscure ones,
The MTV one however failed on even every one i've tried, it goes through the search fine, but doesn't pull any info about the video..
Version 2.3 Releasing today at noon (Central Standard US )

Adds complete support for Music Video scrapers, and completes all support for all movie scrapers (Added post method, for asiandb), fix for clean option, and random fixes to avoid errors.
Nicezia Wrote:you guys aware that the mtv and yahoomusic scrapers don't currently work in XBMC (at least the versions released with 9.04)?

I'm going to go ahead and fix them and submit a diff.

Oh and btw, support for music video scrapers is done, as soon as i manage to fix the two that exist
on to TV Shows next

Edit: Sorry, the yahoomusic scraper works on quite a few videos, however its just the fact that most of the music videos i have are obscure ones,
The MTV one however failed on even every one i've tried, it goes through the search fine, but doesn't pull any info about the video..

Both scrapers (svn) are working fine here.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
the mtv one i have troubl with it works from time to time i've found out after testing it (In XBMC) with just random searches.... however it doesn't work for me as far as the music videos i actually have, one case i found interesting in particular is Eminem - Ass like that, where there are actually two links on search page, and only one shows up in XBMC, (and in my library as well) and the one that shows up is actually a link this page http://www.mtv.com/videos/
Yeah, seem as if the video page was removed. The Yahoo API returns a censored (A**) result. But lets stop thread-jacking Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Agreed i have to work on tv show support anyway!
FYI, updated mtv.xml scraper (r20513) now uses the MTVN content API which is a bit less error prone.
might i suggest adding a version attribute to the scrapers? so people can know which version of the scrapers they have? It would make it easier to keep track of the need to update scrapers. Also i'm thinking that it might be a good way for users of the library if they need to save settings to know when those settings need to be updated from a new version of the scraper.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ScraperXML (Open Source XML Web Scraper C# Library) please help verify my work...0