Apple Remote Sideways Repeat
Question 
I'm assuming it is a remote limitation, but is there a way to get the apple remote to repeat the right/left commands. If a list is horizontal you have to keep tapping the button.
Yes its frustratingly annoying in STARK I can tell you.

You are not alone.
marcdd2 Wrote:I'm assuming it is a remote limitation, but is there a way to get the apple remote to repeat the right/left commands. If a list is horizontal you have to keep tapping the button.

The internal IR recevier does not pass right/left hold on AppleTV OS <=2.1 .

What is the version of your AppleTV OS ?
Hmm, I'm on 2.1 -- I disabled the auto update thing. Guess I'll have to figure that out to get this feature.
kirbypuckett Wrote:Hmm, I'm on 2.1 -- I disabled the auto update thing. Guess I'll have to figure that out to get this feature.

ssh in , nano /etc/hosts, remove the block, save file, exit, reboot, done
I have the same problem on OSX with my Harmony remote. It work's fine with Plex for hold left/right but not XBMC with the latest XBMCHelper. Any ideas?
Weavus Wrote:I have the same problem on OSX with my Harmony remote. It work's fine with Plex for hold left/right but not XBMC with the latest XBMCHelper. Any ideas?

update to 9.04 RC1, it works there under OSX with XBMCHelper and a fix is pending for XBMCHelper/AppleTVs and OSXRemote
I'm on 2.2. I'll try updating tonight to 2.3 to see if I get better results.
marcdd2 Wrote:I'm on 2.2. I'll try updating tonight to 2.3 to see if I get better results.

updating isn't needed. Launcher 3.1 should enable left/right repeat on 2.2, too. It's currently in testing and if we see no issues will be released soon.

please see this thread for avoiding the confusion next time.

cheers,
mdd

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple Remote Sideways Repeat0