Subtitle bug?
Rainbow 
I'm using 9.04 beta 1 on my Mac Mini and noticed that SUB/IDX subtitles are not displayed correctly.

I this a known bug and is there a fix for this?

The previous official version (Atlantis) had the same issue.

Thanks in advance.

/B
Beano70 Wrote:I'm using 9.04 beta 1 on my Mac Mini and noticed that SUB/IDX subtitles are not displayed correctly.

I this a known bug and is there a fix for this?

The previous official version (Atlantis) had the same issue.

Thanks in advance.

/B

More info please, "SUB/IDX subtitles are not displayed correctly", are they upside down, inverted, offscreen. Since you don't have a member of team xbmc at your side, you will have to be much more descriptive.

Also please try 9.04 RC1 as there have been many fixes involving subs.
Often subtitles would dissaper after FW/FF while plawing a video, and at other times subtitles would appear on top of each other in layers - the best way I can describe it Smile

I will try RC1 and let you know if it works now.

/B
Smile 
Just tried 9.04 R19840 (april 29, 2009) and it's still not working properly with SUB/IDX subtitles.

But it works different now : subtitles appears but completely out of sync after a few minutes. The same subtitle+video files have played perfectly in a earlier version of XBMC on Xbox.

Another bug I noticed : favorites context menu appears at the very right side of the screen and is barely visible.

Seems like 9.04 need a lot more work Wink

/B
Beano70 Wrote:Just tried 9.04 R19840 (april 29, 2009) and it's still not working properly with SUB/IDX subtitles.

But it works different now : subtitles appears but completely out of sync after a few minutes. The same subtitle+video files have played perfectly in a earlier version of XBMC on Xbox.

Another bug I noticed : favorites context menu appears at the very right side of the screen and is barely visible.

Seems like 9.04 need a lot more work Wink

/B

patches welcome Smile
Smile 
I have my own coding projects (=time-sink) so I prefer to submit bugs to the XBMC experts for now Smile
This has always been an issue with my aTV as well. I worked perfectly on the xBox. Every release I wait for this to be fixed. Hopefully it will be when the final is out.
xbox uses mplayer, xbmc for osx/linux/windows does not use mplayer. Discussion about subtitles working on xbox and not xbmc for osx/linux/windows have no relationship as they use different video players, mplayer for xbox and the internal dvdplayer for osx/linux/windows.

Subtitles are a complicated issue. We fix one thing, another breaks. There are many forms and code vectors for subtitles. Find a repeatable breakage, make a trac ticket, document the issue and include a sample of both video content and subtitle files if they are not embedded.

Just posting that there's a problem with subtitles without including any info about the many, many ways that one can do subtitles gives us no information. Since I (for one) don't use nor care about subtitles, I don't see the issues with my daily usage.

If you care about subtitles, find a repeatable breakage, make a trac ticket, document the issue and include a sample of both video content and subtitle files if they are not embedded. Or find the problem and submit a patch.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitle bug?0