Lock command?
I have a master password set on my xbmc so a password prompt comes up when it starts up. I want to create a script to lock xbmc after x number of minutes and present the login screen, but I haven't found the command to perform the lock. Help please.
executebuiltin(masterlock). it's a toggle though, you can check the current status using the system.ismaster infobool. you can logout using executebuiltin(system.logout).

also see DialogButtonMenu.xml in the pm3 skin for reference
You can lock the screen saver AFAIK. Just set the screensaver time out to w/e you want.
yes, you can also use the screensaver lock if that does the job...
I'm creating a usage timer for my kid so she knows when to take a break from tv. So the screen saver lock won't work.

Ran the following without error but it also didn't do anything:

Code:
import xbmc, xbmcgui
xbmc.executebuiltin('masterlock')

or

Code:
import xbmc, xbmcgui
xbmc.executebuiltin('xbmc.masterlock')

Checking DialogButtonMenu.xml, the logoff command is: system.logoff. Tried xbmc.executebuiltin('system.logoff') but it didn't do anything either.

Went to Settings and enabled Login Screen. Now xbmc.executebuiltin('system.logoff') will bring me to the login screen so I can select a user and enter a password.

Still, I only want to lock the screen and not log off. Since I only have one user, I rather not have the extra step of selecting a user before entering a password. Am I missing something with the masterlock command?

Thanks!
the two commands you're looking for are:
Code:
xbmc.getCondVisibility('System.IsMaster')
xbmc.executebuiltin('Mastermode')
slightly offtopic:
System.GetBool(System.IsMaster) doesn't work.
is this a bug or am I missing something?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lock command?0