[MOD] FanArt backdrops fade glitch "fix mod
Thumbs Up 
I've been trying to come up with a fix for the issue where the backdrop shows for an instant when fading between fanart for different movies. I've found a semi-fix, which has one problem that I'll explain in a second, but unexpectedly works *perfectly* (imho) as a solution to the issue of browsing from a movie that has custom fanart to one that doesn't (and so you see a backdrop for a completely different movie than the poster/info). If you never cared about that, though, the "fix" for the first issue I mentioned is not completely 100% perfect - basically, when you go from a movie that has fanart to another movie that has fanart, that is no problem, but if you go from a movie that has fanart to one that doesn't, you will see a black background for an instant and the movies backdrop will fade in from the black. I actually think that's an improvement, though, b/c it makes it clear that you are transitioning to a movie without its own fanart, so it's not going to match up to the poster/info.

Enough already, here's the code: open up Includes_Backgrounds.xml, and find the following code:
Code:
<!-- Media window backdrops -->

<include name="MediaBackdropsMovies">

A little under that, look for this code:
Code:
        <control type="multiimage">
            <include>Background_ImageFolder</include>
            <info>Skin.String(CustomMoviesFolder)</info>
            <visible>Skin.String(CustomMoviesFolder) + ![Skin.HasSetting(nomoviefanart] | IsEmpty(listitem.property(fanart))] </visible>
        </control>

And replace it with this:
Code:
        <control type="multiimage">
            <include>Background_ImageFolder</include>
            <info>Skin.String(CustomMoviesFolder)</info>
            <visible>Skin.String(CustomMoviesFolder) + ![Skin.HasSetting(nomoviefanart] | IsEmpty(listitem.property(fanart))] + !Control.IsVisible(102)</visible>
        </control>

That's it! I'll try to post a video capture of how this looks if I can later tonight.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] FanArt backdrops fade glitch "fix mod0