DTS / Ac3 sound problems
am having problems with AC3 when i play a movie with DTS the movie sounds great if i play a movie with AC3 my receiver detect the sound because it have a led that said dolby digital but no sound, I have to play a DTS movie first then quickly select the AC3 one then it sounds right ...

MacBook Pro
Atlantis 8.10
Sony DTS/Dolby receiver
I'm going to guess this has something to do with port audio, not liking your amp. You can try plex, if it works with plex chances are port audio is your problem. Since plex is currently using a core audio port. Correct me if I'm wrong. Davilla?

BTW hows core audio coming along for xbmc?
strangedaze39 Wrote:I'm going to guess this has something to do with port audio, not liking your amp. You can try plex, if it works with plex chances are port audio is your problem. Since plex is currently using a core audio port. Correct me if I'm wrong. Davilla?

BTW hows core audio coming along for xbmc?

plex does use coreaudio but their implementation is not quite correct Smile

osx-coreaudio is working great right now. After 9.04 release, it will most likely get merged into linuxport.
so your adviced is ?

upgrade xbmc to Babylon RC1

----another thing is from time to time if I press Menu in the Apple remote, Front Row launch
Davilla,

Thanks for the response, personally I've been waiting for core audio for a long time now on xbmc. It's been the only thing holding me back from full use (have to use plex for movie playback)

So I tried the nightly build and Babylon RC1 and they both seemed to be using portaudio still, I must be doing something wrong or you meant it's working great but not included yet.

Anyways, looks like it's getting closer and closer to full core audio support. Oh and I know what you mean by "implementation" isn't quite right Wink

@reaven: Your probably launching front row when your holding menu, you can most likely disable front row, try a quick google or forum search for it.
There is a different branch that has coreaudio. Not included in 9.04. It will be after 9.04.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS / Ac3 sound problems0