HDMI Audio on ATI HD4000 series?
I'm just wondering if anyone can help me, i've used the Xbox version of xbmc from its incarnation, but i've just started to play with the live version recently.

My problem is i've got a ati HD4670 pcie card, no idea how to get audio over HDMI, i installed XBMC Live 9.04 (Babylon) RC1 yesterday, and after creating a working xorg.conf file in the /etc/X11 directory i've got video over HDMI.

Here's my list of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices:
card 0: SB [HDA ATI SB], device 0: ALC883 Analog [ALC883 Analog]
Subdevices: 0/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: SB [HDA ATI SB], device 1: ALC883 Digital [ALC883 Digital]
Subdevices: 1/1
card 1: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 3: ATI HDMI [ATI HDMI]
Subdevices: 1/1

What i've done so far is unmuted the hdmi in terminal with: "sudo alsamixer -c 1"

then in XBMC, then went to Settings / System / Audio Hardware

Audio Output to digital.

Into 'Audio Output Device', type: 'hdmi'
Into 'Audio Passthrough Device', type: 'hdmi'

So if anyone has got the live edition of XBMC's audio working via HDMI with either a HD3000 or HD4000 pcie card, can you please tell me what steps you've taken.

Thanks
Just a small update, i was going to update alsamixer with the tut and script located at : http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:_Inst...st_version

but the wget command does work, so i downloaded the script manually, but the script also contains a couple of wget's within it, so it couldn't complete.

I'll have a play later on today, but if anyone knows why wget's not working, please tell me

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI Audio on ATI HD4000 series?0