Option to only list movies that have trailers? Sort by movies with trailer?
Lightbulb 
We all know that things are changing with the way skins are being developed I am hoping it is now possible to list movies by those that have trailers.

XBMC knows when a trailer is stored local or when there is a link in the nfo file and you can view the trailer by bringing up the Info screen then clicking on the trailer button.

In a recent mod to Aeon Auriga you can even view the trailer in a video window which looks great. Can anyone think of a way of adding the ability to list only movies that have trailers the same way you would list movies by year or watched/unwatched etc ?

A modification to the menu xml file be it home.xml or whatever in the area of:
[label]Movie Trailers[/label]
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movieyears,return)</onclick>

Changing movieyears to something like movies(ListItem.Trailer). Huh

I have been playing around with this for a couple of days but am very new to this sort of stuff.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rob
saangler Wrote:We all know that things are changing with the way skins are being developed I am hoping it is now possible to list movies by those that have trailers.

XBMC knows when a trailer is stored local or when there is a link in the nfo file and you can view the trailer by bringing up the Info screen then clicking on the trailer button.

In a recent mod to Aeon Auriga you can even view the trailer in a video window which looks great. Can anyone think of a way of adding the ability to list only movies that have trailers the same way you would list movies by year or watched/unwatched etc ?

A modification to the menu xml file be it home.xml or whatever in the area of:
[label]Movie Trailers[/label]
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movieyears,return)</onclick>

Changing movieyears to something like movies(ListItem.Trailer). Huh

I have been playing around with this for a couple of days but am very new to this sort of stuff.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rob

Maybe you could make a view called "trailerview", then add this visibility flag to the items in the list:

Code:
<visible>!isempty(listitem.trailer)</visible>

Haven't tried this in a list, but it works anywhere else.
Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes I was thinking along the same lines but hoping to be able to use existing views in any skin. Just to be able to change the call from the home menu.

If you had a sub-menu for example from the video/movie menu you would have the normal options of select by genre, year, recent etc.

Was hoping to use the variable !isempty(listitem.trailer) in the menu to list movies that have trailers available if you understand what I mean.

It's just one more great way to decide which movie to watch apart from reading the plot and looking at the cover.

It may have to be a feature request like a watched/unwatched type of switch.

Thanks again and great job on Serenity.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to only list movies that have trailers? Sort by movies with trailer?0