Aeon skin - building the movie db
Quote: ehrr, what does build the library in movie mode means?

Well the library MyVideos34.db is built ONLY when one runs a scan in the FILE mode so that all information will be keyed in from this library in MOVIE mode!

In FILE mode the information is keyed in directly from MY info (*.nfo, *.tbn) and works flawlessly (except that the sort order is incorrect)

When I run the scan, I expect XBMC to pick up MY *.nfo & MY *.tbn to build the library MyVideos34.db (just like how XBMC picks up the info in FILE mode) - but XBMC scraps the info from IMDB which is TOTALLY wrong!
As a quick side note, I recommend switching from regular to decaf.

Second, vskatusa, there may be a language thing going on here. With movies, there is only one way to build a library. You look at the folder with the movies in it. You set content. You scan. That's it. Then you switch over to the library and you see your movies. There is no such distinction as building a library in video mode vs building a library in movie mode.

Once the library is built, you can choose to look at the files and ignore the library. The link to do this is often called "Video." You can also choose to look at the already scanned files in your library. The link to do this is often called "Movies."

Once you've created a library, I suppose you can update that library by clicking, "update library." When you do this, XBMC scans the files for new movies. If it finds any, it will look for the nfo. If no nfo exists, it will look up the movie on IMDB.

Does that help at all? Or are we still confused and insistent upon using exclamation marks?
and fyi you're trying to explain the one that designed and implemented the library how it works - hardly necessary Wink
I do remember in the previous build if one does a scan and if the folder has *.nfo file then *.nfo takes precedence to build the library instead of scraping the internet!

In the current build, the functionality seems to have changed! Why would anybody take the pain to enter info in the *.nfo files for xbmc to totally ignore it when building the library. Does not make sense to me.

The logic to build the library should be...

1. Check the current folder and see if *.nfo and *.tbn exists - If it does, then use THIS information else
2. Scrape the internet
and that is precisely how it works. the issue, which you have still failed to communicate to anyone in here, is on your side as this definitely works in general
Quote:and that is precisely how it works. the issue, which you have still failed to communicate to anyone in here, is on your side as this definitely works in general

Spiff, this does not work for me (see my complete post) - I have spent nearly the whole weekend trying different things and come to the conclusion that this is a bug.

I am not sure what more can I communicate to make my point clear.

Is it possible to test this functionality at your end and prove me wrong?
1) what do you think i did before saying it definitely works?
2) do you really think that if this was a general issue we wouldn't have heard it from hundreds of others by now? i'm not doubting you are seeing a bug but there must be a particular reason why only you are seeing it.
3) you still haven't explained what you mean with scanning from movie mode. what is movie mode? what do you mean scanning from movie mode? is this some aeon menu that links to the movie node of the library or what?
The whole point of my previous post was an attempt to riddle out what your actual problem is. Perhaps you could re-read my previous post and explain when XBMC does read the nfo and when it does not.
And in File mode XBMC does not read anything for the NFO file - all it does is read the file name and check for the presence of a folder.jpg - nothing else as far as I'm aware.
Quote:And in File mode XBMC does not read anything for the NFO file - all it does is read the file name and check for the presence of a folder.jpg - nothing else as far as I'm aware.

However, if you press "I" for information, xbmc reads the nfo file and populates the table MOVIE in the database
It should also use the same cached thumbs.
vskatusa, since this has worked for you in the past, what happened to the library, why are you rescanning?

Can you do one thing for me in my final attempt to understand what is going on here.
As I understand it, your main problem with the library after a scan is that the names of the movies is not what you expect them to be, correct?

Please gather the following for one example movie showing the symptom:
Filename on disk
title in the corresponding nfo file
moviename on imdb (or whatever is being scraped from the internet)
Expected name in Library
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Has anybody tested this library stuff with VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folder hierarchy (Instead of a single ISO or AVI files)?
Perhaps asking the question a different way would help. Here you say:

vskatusa Wrote:In FILE mode the information is keyed in directly from MY info (*.nfo, *.tbn) and works flawlessly (except that the sort order is incorrect)

This would lead me to believe that everything works. However, then you say:

vskatusa Wrote:When I run the scan, I expect XBMC to pick up MY *.nfo & MY *.tbn to build the library MyVideos34.db (just like how XBMC picks up the info in FILE mode) - but XBMC scraps the info from IMDB which is TOTALLY wrong!

With this second quote, what "scan" are you running? There ARE no other scans to run. You've run the only scan you needed to run while in File mode.

Or perhaps there is some kind of double misunderstanding. File mode DOES NOT USE nfo files. In fact, XBMC does not use nfo files except for the one moment XBMC is scanning the info from the nfo file into the library.

So maybe what you are saying is this: "In file mode, XBMC is picking up my folder.jpg images and displaying pictures. However, when I try to scan my folders into the library, XBMC is not finding my nfo files or tbn files."

Is that accurate?

Edit: Sorry, I wrote all of this while the "press 'I'" discussion was going on and without the benefit of having read that discussion.
vskatusa Wrote:However, if you press "I" for information, xbmc reads the nfo file and populates the table MOVIE in the database
So are you also saying you get different result on the info screen in library and files mode?
Please understand that if a library exists, the info will be pulled from there, even in file mode.

Also please while we are trying to get to the bottom of this, please refrain from using these Aeon specific terms, preferrably use PM3.HD for all testing so we speak the same "language".
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I think I have found the bug!

Please give me some more time to test this out.... Converting all files to ISO (instead of VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS).

Quote:Also please while we are trying to get to the bottom of this, please refrain from using these Aeon specific terms, preferrably use PM3.HD for all testing so we speak the same "language".
Shall do

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon skin - building the movie db0