TV Show Flag Issue
I am currently trying to add a flag to my tv shows section. My current code is like this:

Code:
<include name="TVFlags">
    <control type="image">
    <posx>580</posx>
    <posy>85</posy>
      <width>56</width>
      <height>25</height>
      <texture>flags/smallville.png</texture>
      <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
      <include>MediaFlagAnimation</include>
      <visible>substring(listitem.label,smallville)</visible>
    </control>

nothing is showing I believe this is the best way to go according to http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=InfoLabels

Am i maybe missing something? I have everything placed where it needs to go as far as well basically it's setup EXACTLY as my other flags are set up.
Where's it pulling the info from exactly?

If it's the file name then try -

<visible>substring(listitem.filename,smallville)</visible>

EDIT: Actually, I think djh said that's it's not possible in TV Shows for some reason but I could be mistaken.
See and i tried filename and nothing came up either. My TV Shows are (I assume like most) setup in separate folders would this make a difference?

For some or for ALL TV Shows? Do you have a link?
What is the flag...

TV network or tv rating?

For networks there is not listitem property yet. Only ways through MIP where it adds the nfo to a tag currently used. Listitem.mpaa will list the tv rating, which has been put into place in recent builds. I just did a substring to the title and then put in all my tv shows under the specific network icon.

ie.

<control type="image">
<posx>1070</posx>
<posy>557</posy>
<width>160</width>
<height>140</height>
<texture>TV-FOX.png</texture>
<visible>substring(listitem.title,24) | substring(listitem.title,family guy)</visible>
</control>

I listed all possible FOX shows that I personly had. This is complete work around that I did.
Actually I was thing of a more specific image per show. for example in place of the flags I have currently set for the movies I would rather have for TV Shows an image or logo for that show.
XBMCG33K Wrote:Actually I was thing of a more specific image per show. for example in place of the flags I have currently set for the movies I would rather have for TV Shows an image or logo for that show.

I believe for some reason this is not possible for tvshows at the moment. I tried something similar to display network logos where the network name is tagged in the folder but I didn´t get it to work with listitem.filenameandpath

Maybe jmarshall can shed some light on this
You shouldn't be doing it anyway. Don't assume a filesystem layout. Be patient and wait for this sort of thing to be implemented within the skinning engine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

That´s true, I definitely prefer an integrated solution. But the way I intended to do it would make it expectedly easily adaptable to a built in function so I thought I´d give it a go. It´s no showstopper though, I´ll be patient Wink
This what I'm using to show network icons for tv shows. It works perfectly. You have to use ListItem.TVShowTitle. I can upload my Object_MediaFlags if needed for an example. It's been heavily modded but it'll show how to do it. Check here to see it in action.

Code:
<control type="group">
                <posx>1150</posx>
                <control type="image">
                    <include>Furniture_ShowcaseMediaFlagsVars</include>
                    <texture>flags/defaultscreen.png</texture>
                    <visible>!Control.IsVisible(80) + !Skin.HasSetting(nodefaultflags)</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="image" id="80">
                    <texture>flags/channel/abc.png</texture>
                    <visible>substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,clerks)</visible>
                </control>
                    <texture>flags/channel/bbc.png</texture>
                    <visible>substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,the office) + substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,uk) | substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,extras)</visible>
                </control>
                    <texture>flags/channel/cartoon.png</texture>
                    <visible>substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,cowboy bebop) | substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,flcl)</visible>
                </control>
                    <texture>flags/channel/cbs.png</texture>
                    <visible>substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,eleventh hour) | substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,mentalist)</visible>
                </control>
                    <texture>flags/channel/comedycentral.png</texture>
                    <visible>substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,crank yankers) | substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,drawn together) | substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,reno) | substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,robot chicken)</visible>
                </control>
                    <texture>flags/channel/fox.png</texture>
                    <visible>substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,24) | substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,arrested development) | substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,dollhouse) | substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,family guy) | substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,fringe) | substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,grounded for life) | substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,lie to me) | substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,the simpsons) | substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,the tick)</visible>
                </control>
                    <texture>flags/channel/hbo.png</texture>
                    <visible>substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,sopranos)</visible>
                </control>
                    <texture>flags/channel/nbc.png</texture>
                    <visible>substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,dark skies) | substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,heroes) | substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,my name is earl) | substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,life) + !substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,grounded for life) | substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,scrubs) | substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,seinfeld) | substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,the office) + substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,us)</visible>
                </control>
                    <texture>flags/channel/scifi.png</texture>
                    <visible>substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,eureka)</visible>
                </control>
                    <texture>flags/channel/showtime.png</texture>
                    <visible>substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,californication) | substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,dexter) | substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,weeds)</visible>
                </control>
                    <texture>flags/channel/tnt.png</texture>
                    <visible>substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,leverage) | substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,star wars) | substring(listitem.TVShowTitle,trust me)</visible>
                </control>
            </control>
Yes, but that requires to use the tv show titles in the substrings. Definitely not going to go there Laugh Cheers though Wink
I actually agree with jmarshall, I am assuming a bit much at this point for the time being i'll hold of until it's fully implemented. However Jereon, and Sranshaft I appreciate the solutions you have provided!
Jeroen Wrote:Yes, but that requires to use the tv show titles in the substrings. Definitely not going to go there Laugh Cheers though Wink

That's true. Not exactly the 'best' solution but one nonetheless. It's a stop-gap if nothing else until this is added officially to xbmc's database. Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Flag Issue0