[Mac/aTV] myth:// not working. smb://works fine
Systems:
1) Macbook Pro Core Duo running OSX 10.5.6
Installed XBMC 9.04 from Sourceforge today. (r19840)
Log: http://pastebin.com/m3d3d2dfc

2) AppleTV 2.3
Used patchstick to install SoftwareMenu, updated, installed XBMC.
IIRC launcher version is 3.0

Both systems have the same behavior, so I only included the MBP log, assuming that if it gets fixed on one it will get fixed on the other.

When trying to add my Myth backend using myth://[user]:[pw]@mythserver, I can view all of the lists (Recordings, Live, Guide, etc). When I try to access a recorded episode (in either NUV or transcoded mpg) the video will not play and I receive an error that states "Playlist Playback aborted. Too many consecutive errors"

If I change the source to be "smb://mythserver/recordings" I am able to access and view any of the recordings, however the names are not formatted. I also do not have access to live TV through the smb share. While I can live with non-formatted names, WAF won't allow it.

Additional Info:
I installed the newest version of XBMC on my wife's XP machine, and the myth:// source works perfectly.

I'll attach the Windows log later. Hopefully there will be something that can point to where the snag is. I really appreciate any help people are able to give.
Neff Wrote:Systems:
1) Macbook Pro Core Duo running OSX 10.5.6
Installed XBMC 9.04 from Sourceforge today. (r19840)
Log: http://pastebin.com/m3d3d2dfc

2) AppleTV 2.3
Used patchstick to install SoftwareMenu, updated, installed XBMC.
IIRC launcher version is 3.0

Both systems have the same behavior, so I only included the MBP log, assuming that if it gets fixed on one it will get fixed on the other.

When trying to add my Myth backend using myth://[user]:[pw]@mythserver, I can view all of the lists (Recordings, Live, Guide, etc). When I try to access a recorded episode (in either NUV or transcoded mpg) the video will not play and I receive an error that states "Playlist Playback aborted. Too many consecutive errors"

If I change the source to be "smb://mythserver/recordings" I am able to access and view any of the recordings, however the names are not formatted. I also do not have access to live TV through the smb share. While I can live with non-formatted names, WAF won't allow it.

Additional Info:
I installed the newest version of XBMC on my wife's XP machine, and the myth:// source works perfectly.

I'll attach the Windows log later. Hopefully there will be something that can point to where the snag is. I really appreciate any help people are able to give.

add your mythbackend to /etc/hosts
It is. The backend has a static IP of 192.168.2.37, so my /etc/hosts looks like:
[snip]
192.168.2.37 mythserver
[/snip]

Inside XBMC I used both
1) mtyh://[user]:[pw]@192.168.2.37
2) myth://[user]:[pw]@mythserver

Both yield same behavior. I also made sure access was granted to any mythtv user for mythconverg from any local IP, so it shouldn't be a MySql problem.

Mythbackend is configured to allow access from remote frontends. Using the -fixes frontend from Sniderpad.com allows me to access Myth from my MBP. Since the main goal was getting myth to work with aTV+XBMC, I figured it would be easier to just use the Mythbox script. Getting the NFS to mount seems to be an issue, but that is a whole other box of worms.

If anyone is interested in tinkering and digging to get the myth:// protocol to work, I am game, but if not that is fine.
Neff Wrote:It is. The backend has a static IP of 192.168.2.37, so my /etc/hosts looks like:
[snip]
192.168.2.37 mythserver
[/snip]

Inside XBMC I used both
1) mtyh://[user]:[pw]@192.168.2.37
2) myth://[user]:[pw]@mythserver

Both yield same behavior. I also made sure access was granted to any mythtv user for mythconverg from any local IP, so it shouldn't be a MySql problem.

Mythbackend is configured to allow access from remote frontends. Using the -fixes frontend from Sniderpad.com allows me to access Myth from my MBP. Since the main goal was getting myth to work with aTV+XBMC, I figured it would be easier to just use the Mythbox script. Getting the NFS to mount seems to be an issue, but that is a whole other box of worms.

If anyone is interested in tinkering and digging to get the myth:// protocol to work, I am game, but if not that is fine.

I use;

Code:
myth://mythtv:[pw]@192.168.2.200
davilla Wrote:I use;

Code:
myth://mythtv:[pw]@192.168.2.200

Used that, same result.

http://www.pastebin.ca/1414427

Would the log from the Windows machine (where myth:// works) be of any help?
and your myth server is really named mythserver? ie that is what it's configured as?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

elupus Wrote:and your myth server is really named mythserver? ie that is what it's configured as?

The machine's name is Samus. In the /etc/hosts on both my MBP and aTV I refer to the static IP as mythserver.

IE: On my MBP, I can put mythserver/mythweb in firefox and that brings up mythweb on my backend.
What's this all about ?

ERROR: GetControl - unable to connect to server 192.168.2.4, port 6543

your mythbackend is at 192.168.2.37 ?

port 6543 is the default mythbackend port.

the log from the Windows machine might be helpful.
davilla Wrote:What's this all about ?

ERROR: GetControl - unable to connect to server 192.168.2.4, port 6543

your mythbackend is at 192.168.2.37 ?

port 6543 is the default mythbackend port.

the log from the Windows machine might be helpful.

Yes, the mythbackend is at 192.168.2.37

Windows log: http://pastebin.com/m48d7abbd

/etc/hosts set up

Link to myth:// setup in MBP's XBMC
those look fine.

lets go back to this in your log.

Quote:13:16:14 T:2685585184 M:565805056 ERROR: GetControl - unable to connect to server 192.168.2.4, port 6543
13:16:19 T:2685585184 M:565805056 ERROR: GetControl - unable to connect to server 192.168.2.4, port 6543
13:16:24 T:2685585184 M:566312960 ERROR: GetControl - unable to connect to server 192.168.2.4, port 6543
13:16:29 T:2685585184 M:566312960 ERROR: GetControl - unable to connect to server 192.168.2.4, port 6543
13:16:34 T:2685585184 M:566865920 ERROR: GetControl - unable to connect to server 192.168.2.4, port 6543

CCMythSession::GetControl line 328
CCMythSession::SetListener line 357

somehow xbmc thinks there is a mythtv backend at 192.168.2.4.

pastebin your sources.xml.
sources.xml - http://pastebin.com/m206b27a6

I noticed the last line in "Files" (highlighted) pointed to my machine (MBP) and not the mythbackend. Changing that to point to the correct IP didn't fix the issue.

Log after changing sources.xml - http://pastebin.com/m70ccf1b9

Thank you for trying to figure this out.
just for grins, take out the trailing "/" in "myth://mythtv:[email protected]/"

and turn on debug in system settings.
and what happens if you do a;

"ping mythserver"
removing the trailing "/" has no effect. When I hit enter to commit the change it automatically adds a trailing slash.

davilla Wrote:and what happens if you do a;

"ping mythserver"

http://pastebin.com/m340c9a04

I thought I mentioned this before, but it seems I didn't, and I apologize for that.. I am able to use the Mythbox script with no issues. I will be watching some recorded shows with my wife soon, so I can post the log from that if it helps.
elupus Wrote:and your myth server is really named mythserver? ie that is what it's configured as?

this wasn't asked on random. the reason is that ALL the url's in myth's database are stored using the local hostname of the box running the server. if we can't resolve that, poop follows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mac/aTV] myth:// not working. smb://works fine0