• 16(current)
Universal Media Companion, (a unified media manager), who wants to help code this?
Wink 
fekker Wrote:for transitions from mip, yes it'll be pretty straight forward

The basic website and forums are now up at http://www.teamumx.org
feature requests will link over to tracker on source forge, the forums are local to teamumx.org

Looking good. You might want to change the Page Title however. After opening the page in a background tab, I could not find it for a few secs. Page Title currently is: Welcome to the Frontpage. I did have a good chuckle but not at your expensive. I thought for a second that was the new UMM name! Laugh

//Purgatory
Pürgatöry

- You're gonna need a bigger boat -

Purgatory Wrote:Looking good. You might want to change the Page Title however. After opening the page in a background tab, I could not find it for a few secs. Page Title currently is: Welcome to the Frontpage. I did have a good chuckle but not at your expensive. I thought for a second that was the new UMM name! Laugh

//Purgatory

good catch, fixed that and added the RSS feed from sourceforge
Just a brief update on that status of UMx

- the name poll shows that Universal Media Manager is winning the for the name selection, feel free to vote, no registration is required to vote in the polls.

- a good portion of the movie core is completed, the tv show core is getting there and does function, the tvdb plugin works and will scrape info for tv shows and episodes, it's a rework and rewrite of mip's command line api, modified and rewritten for cross platform use

- the remote tcp server and client calls are being developed, basic portions are already working

- the core api is and will be a work in progress as the core continues to have it's features added to it.

- the scraper api (which interfaces with Nicezia scraperxml) has been started, Nicezia is working updates to his scraperxml, i'm guessing that after he has those sorted he'll be working on the core's version of it, this is an internal api to the core that ties things together for the main api that feeds the rest of the app

- the web interface is looking cool, although i think it's waiting on my part of the core to get it really going

- client forms are in process, i'll let those folks chime in on the status

almost all spec's for movie processing are complete, and some areas go far beyond the specs to allow for anything i could think of (which is alot) of functionality

debugging has been interesting as it requires alot of testing and re-writes to ensure it works under .net runtime and mono's runtime (linux, osx, etc) and a mix of both, but i'm starting to get the hang of how to handle those, so it's getting easier

the configuration for the core is designed to be expanded and modified, i'm trying to keep all the options out of the core so that changes and support for addition items require nothing more then a few config options.

the core is also designed so that it can be implemented in other applications, expanding and providing even more options for those writing media managers, with api's built in

it's coming along and i think when it's complete folks are really going to like it, from simple to super crazy advanced options, things are looking good
This is sounding amazing...
fekker Wrote:Just a brief update on that status of UMx
it's coming along and i think when it's complete folks are really going to like it, from simple to super crazy advanced options, things are looking good

Can i ask question ? Im using MIP now for the first time and it's not exactly what i thought it was. I have TV shows folder where sabnzbd+ puts ALL my neatly named shows ( ex. //!TV!/SHOWNAME/SEASON1/SHOWNAME S01E01.avi ).

All is cool and peachy until XBMC gets to a show that doesnt have thetvdb entry. Then i dont even know show is there till i look in VIDEOS section. From what i was told XBMC will scrape the file EVEN when its not in thetvdb database if it has correct nfo. And basic fields for that nfo that are needed to display show in TV SHOWS section could be automaticly populated from Folder name ( ie Show name ) Season subfolder name ( ie Season number ) and extension S01E01. ( that would indicate which "Episode" it is. ) ( or just use file name to deduct it all , American idol S01E01.avi where American Idol is tv show name S01 is season number and 01= to generic "Episode 1" )

of course this would take place ONLY if there's no thetvdb entry for given show.

Do you think its possible ?
wally007 Wrote:Can i ask question ? Im using MIP now for the first time and it's not exactly what i thought it was. I have TV shows folder where sabnzbd+ puts ALL my neatly named shows ( ex. //!TV!/SHOWNAME/SEASON1/SHOWNAME S01E01.avi ).

All is cool and peachy until XBMC gets to a show that doesnt have thetvdb entry. Then i dont even know show is there till i look in VIDEOS section. From what i was told XBMC will scrape the file EVEN when its not in thetvdb database if it has correct nfo. And basic fields for that nfo that are needed to display show in TV SHOWS section could be automaticly populated from Folder name ( ie Show name ) Season subfolder name ( ie Season number ) and extension S01E01. ( that would indicate which "Episode" it is. ) ( or just use file name to deduct it all , American idol S01E01.avi where American Idol is tv show name S01 is season number and 01= to generic "Episode 1" )

of course this would take place ONLY if there's no thetvdb entry for given show.

Do you think its possible ?
yup, very possible, it's very similar to how umx handles them now internally when there is no information for the episode. (which is a big change to how i did it with mip)
fekker Wrote:yup, very possible, it's very similar to how umx handles them now internally when there is no information for the episode. (which is a big change to how i did it with mip)

oh cool , wow. Finally we'll be able to add obscure shows that arent in thetvdb to XBMC's TV SHOWS library section. Cant wait to test it out.
wally007 Wrote:oh cool , wow. Finally we'll be able to add obscure shows that arent in thetvdb to XBMC's TV SHOWS library section. Cant wait to test it out.

If you would like to be a tester for the tv portion, or any area, please sign up on site and add a post to the beta tester forum. While we have not yet started any testing outside of the team, it won't be long until we have some areas that could use inspection.
fekker Wrote:If you would like to be a tester for the tv portion, or any area, please sign up on site and add a post to the beta tester forum. While we have not yet started any testing outside of the team, it won't be long until we have some areas that could use inspection.

IS it going to be platform independent ? Even though i run sabnzbd+ and store all my media files on my Windows server in the attic , my XBMC/PLEX "clents" are all on OS X.

If so i'll sign up.

Last question which is probably too early to ask , but here goes : Is some kind of automation or scheduling possible or even planned ? If not within the app itself , external module/script could launch it to scan thru saved directories. This way we can run the scrip every few hours and have nfo's created automaticly. ( very wife/girlfriend friendly :-))

For conflicts or warnings we would be able to assign what behaviour gets triggered when. For manual scrape : pop up box , for automatic scan : ignore , choose best guess , create generic nfo's etc .....
wally007 Wrote:IS it going to be platform independent ? Even though i run sabnzbd+ and store all my media files on my Windows server in the attic , my XBMC/PLEX "clents" are all on OS X.

If so i'll sign up.

Last question which is probably too early to ask , but here goes : Is some kind of automation or scheduling possible or even planned ? If not within the app itself , external module/script could launch it to scan thru saved directories. This way we can run the scrip every few hours and have nfo's created automaticly. ( very wife/girlfriend friendly :-))

For conflicts or warnings we would be able to assign what behaviour gets triggered when. For manual scrape : pop up box , for automatic scan : ignore , choose best guess , create generic nfo's etc .....

Yes - it will run on multiple platforms, core components are using mono 2.4, user interfaces can be done in asp.net, php, objective j, java, or pretty much anything that can handle soap or html or mono or .net (so yup, osx, linux, winders, etc) and more then likely handhelds (since they can handle web pages).. but major platforms will be done first, others are just neat things.

What that means is that the mono runtime's will need to be installed (depending on what your running where) for the platform that you want to run it under

We haven't hammered out all the details, but yes there will be plenty of automation options, there's a cli, plus there's the optional server component, and there's plugins and addon's planned.
Server component ? Addons and plugins ? This really IS about to become UMX , short for ULTIMATE :-)

By the way , on your umX website in latest activity / RSS section , i'd suggest to change font color. Grey on grey and grey on beige is tough to read.
clock2113 Wrote:With UMC going to be able to edit the XBMC database directly, can you also make an option to import/export the library to .nfo's, including watched status?
This. Smile
Great, can't wait for this one!
I'm on a Mac, so there isn't any good media manager yet I can use.
@slash did you ever get your web application released?

im very interested in this since i dont really get how the nfo thing works. im having issues with adding PVs and MVs to the library and am thinking of using some sort of alternative sqlite management system.

so far i have no clue of where to start. i was thinking of SQLiteWebAdmin but then i dont have php.

i cant really code anything since i dont know any of the many languages available.
wally007 Wrote:oh cool , wow. Finally we'll be able to add obscure shows that arent in thetvdb to XBMC's TV SHOWS library section. Cant wait to test it out.

You can visit thetvdb.com and add/edit the shows yourself Smile
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Media Companion, (a unified media manager), who wants to help code this?3