Working QuickTime Audio
Question 
just wanted to let you guys know that i got the quicktime dll's working in xbmc, now we can finally enjoy movie trailers with audio Wink

i'll submit the full patch soon after i cleaned up some code and do some more testing/debugging/coding Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
that's great news. thanks for your work on that! you'll be making a lot of people quite happy!

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
ok i'm know i'm not supposed to post in the development forum without having something relevant to say but can i just say one thing:

w00t!

seriously, though, well done, as tslayer says it'll please lots of people and will finally put an end to the countless questions about why people's qt trailers won't work! :lol:
(tslayer @ aug. 05 2004,20:56 Wrote:that's great news. thanks for your work on that! you'll be making a lot of people quite happy!

ts

and eliminate "spam" posts about why qt do not work with sound here and on the x-s forums.

very nice job Smile

very nice, time to make an apple trailer browser script soon Smile

(darkie @ aug. 06 2004,13:04 Wrote:very nice, time to make an apple trailer browser script soon Smile
:o yes!!! that would be awsome :kickass:
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
do u change mplayer code? or only xbmc¿?
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
(darkie @ aug. 06 2004,13:04 Wrote:very nice, time to make an apple trailer browser script soon Smile
great this works, i have many quicktime trailers, a script or a way to stream them directly form apple would be very cool...

an movie trailer section!!!
check the download section http://dwl.xboxmediacenter.de
btw guybrush, any progress on it yet? Smile

Thumbs Up 
progress is going slowly but alright, due to work and hot days im not much behind my puter lately.
but ill whip up the patch in the next few days, maybe tomorrow night if time allows. Smile

debug and testing is most likely done, fixed most bugs, i think its even bugfree now :d
it now even allows you to use the svq3 codec in quicktimeessentials.qtx, not that its very useful since mplayer has it natively but it was a feature i wanted working :lol:

also zlib support in mplayer.dll is a huge necessity, since alot of trailers have compressed headers.
i've compiled the latest mplayer (1.0pre5-3.2.3) as dll (with zlib ofcourse), but not sure if i got every xbmc specific changes, but it works, just not sure if i broke anything.
if anyone wants i can make a diff of the changes i did to the mplayer sources.

@darkie: i've been thinking about making a trailer browser feature too, but not as a python script but natively in xbmc (ala my trailers), maybe we can make one together Smile
it would make a nice addition to xbmc i think.

@ezar2003: xbmc changes only.

take your time for it, better bug free then working with sometimes a crash Smile
Quote:also zlib support in mplayer.dll is a huge necessity, since alot of trailers have compressed headers.
i agree on this one
Quote:i've compiled the latest mplayer (1.0pre5-3.2.3) as dll (with zlib ofcourse), but not sure if i got every xbmc specific changes, but it works, just not sure if i broke anything.
if anyone wants i can make a diff of the changes i did to the mplayer sources.
we have rather the full source, nobody likes a diff here Smile
as you probably already know you can upload this to http://www.xboxmediacenter.it/upload
we can then do some testing to see if it works ok, and i will check the source to see if all xbmc specific stuff is there
Quote:@darkie: i've been thinking about making a trailer browser feature too, but not as a python script but natively in xbmc (ala my trailers), maybe we can make one together
it would make a nice addition to xbmc i think.
python has one advantage, if the layout of those pages change we could update the script very easy and it will work again. besides that people can change the script to if they want (not so easely done if it's hardcoded in c++)

while we are talking about my trailers keep in mind that we still have the offer from shoutcast to get access to the streamdatabase if we want and xad already did an online database for strm files (no content yet, but it will be public so anybody can add new streams).

so maybe we should think about doing something like my streams with and online browse for shoutcast/kml, strm and quicktime trailers (itunes either?).

read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
i think a shoutcast stream is not really the same as a quicktime trailer (you cant really stream a trailer unless you have a very good download speed)

and darkie, in your python script you are indeed parsing the website which could change over time, but take a look at:
http://www.apple.com/moviesxml/h/index.xml
or
http://www.apple.com/moviesxml/h/view1_all.xml
(set your user agent to "itunes/4.5")

sneaky eh?, xml is perfect for these kind of things Wink

itunes uses these urls for trailers, so the format wont change or they will break their own application.
hehe :bowdown:

excellent, i have really missed this, curious how you did it, default win32 1.0pre5 doesnt support this audio either Shocked

Quote:and darkie, in your python script you are indeed parsing the website which could change over time, but take a look at:
http://www.apple.com/moviesxml/h/index.xml
or
http://www.apple.com/moviesxml/h/view1_all.xml
(set your user agent to "itunes/4.5")

sneaky eh?, xml is perfect for these kind of things Wink

itunes uses these urls for trailers, so the format wont change or they will break their own application.
Sad i really should search better next time cause i couldn't find these xml files....
anyway learned a bit more about python, so it was not useless :p

and since xml files are available i vote for creating my streams where you can select shoutcast streams, nullsoft streams, apple trailers and maybe more

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Working QuickTime Audio0