XBMC locks up every 3 mins or so
And when I say locks up, I mean *solid*. Full power off required to shift it. Not ideal! It *could* be that it's doing a sweep through my MP3 collection and gathering artist info etc. The last three times it's frozen I've been actively doing something different - changing sort order of videos, sat with a video on pause or browsing a directory.

Details requested as follows:

XBMC version 9.04rc 19954 - downloaded from the repository this evening (6th May)
Ubuntu 9.4 Jaunty on i686 - kernel 2.6.28-11-generic. As up-to-date as can be managed using Update Manager.
Acer TravelMate 2410 laptop with Intel i910 graphics, 1.25Gb RAM and 1.3GHz CPU

Dump available from:

http://pastebin.com/m71b475d4

Thanks for any help. I really love this thing - very swish for showing off to friends... but not much use if it's going to freeze my PC every few mins! Smile
log shows no errors
Run it windowed and see if everything else freezes as well.
Spiff - yeah, glancing through I couldn't spot anything error-ish either. The timestamp on the last post is about 5 mins before I gave up and shut the machine down.

bobo - I can run it windowed? Ooh. I'll go look through the manual and see if I can find out how. Didn't realise that could be done. Thanks. I'll report back.
Sorry - had a dig and I can't find how to get it to run in a window instead of full-screen. I just tried to run it to see if there was a settings option and it locked again... after about 5 seconds. Argh (to put it bluntly).
Press '\' ...
Thanks althekiller. Did that and it ran for around 15 mins before locking up the entire machine Sad

If memory serves, I tried xbmc about 16 or so months ago on an earlier release and an older release of Ubuntu (probably 7.10), but on the same laptop. I seem to recall having similar issues where it locked up for no reason hence ditching it. Shame - it's a ridiculously cool application!
this is NOT a general issue so it must be something with your hw. the fact that there is no errors in log indicate an external source...
Bugger. Ah well. May as well uninstall again Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC locks up every 3 mins or so0