Modifying TV Show submenu
Smile 
Currently the TV Show submenu shows "Recent, Show, Genre" and a few others option. What I want to do is to change the submenu so that it shows "Anime, HK series" and some of the current submenu.

I know there's an animation genre, so I was thinking that maybe when I select Anime it'll load all the TV series I have under animation genre. So instead of having to go to Genre->Animation, I can just click the Anime in the submenu.

For HK series I was thinking of creating a genre called "HK Series" and use the same method above to access it.

I have figure out how to change the item in the current submenu, what I haven't figure out is how to get it to work like I wanted above, oh and also how to add in additional genre. Any help from here will be appreciated Laugh
good idea!
Someone help??
yeah waiting for someone who can point me at the right direction in changing this, I kinda found where to change, just that I do not know how to change it
It can't be done unfortunately; you can only jump to the Genre list not a specific genre.

You can always make a feature request for it though.
Thought ...
And a shortcut to various folders would be possible?
The easiest way to make new genres is to look into using TV Show nfos and adding your own custom genres to it. Reload your show and then you can do what I did and make a smart playlists, limit it to specifics genres and edit Includes_Submenu.xml to link to that. You have to switch to another skin in order to make the smart playlist within XBMC because Aeon doesn't have a smart playlist dialog at the moment, you can make your own in a text editor but it's probably easier using the GUI.

When you make your smart playlist open Includes_Submenu.xml in the 720p folder and look at lines 177 to 205, this is where you can edit the tv submenu. The only things you need to worry about are label and onclick. Look at the code and the submenu as it is and see how the buttons correspond to each block. The first one (id = "40") corresponds to the first button and the recently added episodes option, the second (id = "41") corresponds to the second button and the tv show titles buttons, etc. In order to link a smart playlist edit the label and onclick tags like so:
Code:
<label>"Name of Custom Section"</label>
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,special://profile/playlists/video/"Name of Smart Playlist".xsp,return)</onclick>
    </control>

When you get the hang of smart playlists you can edit them for various uses, I have a section for current, newer shows, the anime, other animation, live action and recently watched episodes
jalesm Wrote:The easiest way to make new genres is to look into using TV Show nfos and adding your own custom genres to it. Reload your show and then you can do what I did and make a smart playlists, limit it to specifics genres and edit Includes_Submenu.xml to link to that. You have to switch to another skin in order to make the smart playlist within XBMC because Aeon doesn't have a smart playlist dialog at the moment, you can make your own in a text editor but it's probably easier using the GUI.

When you make your smart playlist open Includes_Submenu.xml in the 720p folder and look at lines 177 to 205, this is where you can edit the tv submenu. The only things you need to worry about are label and onclick. Look at the code and the submenu as it is and see how the buttons correspond to each block. The first one (id = "40") corresponds to the first button and the recently added episodes option, the second (id = "41") corresponds to the second button and the tv show titles buttons, etc. In order to link a smart playlist edit the label and onclick tags like so:
Code:
<label>"Name of Custom Section"</label>
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,special://profile/playlists/video/"Name of Smart Playlist".xsp,return)</onclick>
    </control>

When you get the hang of smart playlists you can edit them for various uses, I have a section for current, newer shows, the anime, other animation, live action and recently watched episodes

Can you post an example like the one you use "Anime" I mean the real code you have, not the template code. where you make the smart playlist and how in PM3.HD
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Just tried this out, and works great.

To get the smart playlist, you need to go into video, check library mode, and you'll be able to see playlist. Inside playlist there's Party mode playlist and New smart playlist. When creating a new smart playlist you can chose the type of video (movies, tv show, etc) and add rules to it like genre, studio, actor, etc. Once you have set everything you can save it.

The codes looks like below for the anime playlist that i made, Anime.xsp will be the name you save the smart playlist under. You can find it in your Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\XBMC\userdata\playlists\video

Code:
<control type="button" id="41">
<include>Submenu_Button</include>
<include>TVShortcutBools</include>                    
<label>Anime</label>
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,special://profile/playlists/video/Anime.xsp,return)</onclick>
</control>

I created one for my anime movies as well, but since the default genre doesn't have anime movies as part of the genre, I have to manually add it into the nfo files like this "<genre>Animation / Drama / Romance / Anime Movie</genre>" and reload the movie info.

Code:
<control type="button" id="41">
<include>Submenu_Button</include>
<include>MovieShortcutBools</include>                    
<label>Anime Movies</label>
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,special://profile/playlists/video/Anime Movies.xsp,return)</onclick>
</control>

Anime under TV Show

This is what it'll load

Anime Movies under Movies

and it'll load this

Thanks to jalesm for his guide Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Modifying TV Show submenu0