[AppleTV] Babylon sluggish..
Hi,

Appletv 2.3.1
Babylon Final
Launcher 3.0

I just updated from 2.2, Atlantis bf1, luancher 2.2 (from memory). I kept everything else the same - skin and video library. It seems to me that this version is more sluggish when I scroll thought the movies, go to different menus , tc.

From looking at "top" I can see the finder in bkground going crazy (sometimes even at 30%).

From memory, launcher 2.1 or 2.2 exited out of finder when in xbmc giving xbmc a performance boost, does 3.0 have the same functionality? if not can I downgrade to 2.2?

Otherwise the upgrade went without any issue.

Thanks xbmc team!
found the thread for 2.2
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42903

Does 3.0 switches between finder and xbmc depending whats been selected?

anyone?
here, let me search for you.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=310668&postcount=1
thanks davilla, i finally understood what the MultiFinder bit is all about. Is there a reason y it is not in the settings by default or y is it not "recommended"?
Ilia Wrote:thanks davilla, i finally understood what the MultiFinder bit is all about. Is there a reason y it is not in the settings by default or y is it not "recommended"?

Yes. in order to fix any potential issues with multifinder, a user would have to ssh in and manually switch back to the default finder. So that's the user level experience required to run multifinder... the ability to understand and use ssh with respect to the AppleTV.
I have to say that it make a lot of difference on Multifinder... it feels a lot more snappier
Ilia Wrote:thanks davilla, i finally understood what the MultiFinder bit is all about. Is there a reason y it is not in the settings by default or y is it not "recommended"?

To keep the button pushers away Smile Some users try every setting just to see what it does without any clue as to the ramifications. Using MultiFinder requires that you understand how to use ssh in case there is a problem so you can revert without having to Factory restore the AppleTV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Babylon sluggish..0