Blu-ray Rips with TrueHD audio cause error?
Yes, thank you Davilla!
Just wondering if there has been an update or possible fix for this issue?

I dearly want to use XBMC Linux for my HTPC, however, the true hd issue has forced me (for now) to use a combination of Windows with XBMC and Total Media Theatre.

Thanks guys.
I've just begun to rip my Blu Rays and I have a similar problem. I'm not sure about which codecs the BD contain, but some rip and play fine and others that I rip exactly the same way get the intermittent "failed to initialize audio device". I'm running my audio through optical out on a ASUS P5N7A-VM. I'm also using an old receiver that only supports DD and DTS. I'm no expert on BD, but I thought it always had a regular ac3 stream embedded into the HD stream. I assumed that meant there shouldn't be any problems.
Hi,

I'm seeing the same problem using HDMI audio from an ASUS P5Q-EM motherboard. That's 3 of us with the same board... has anyone else seen this on a different motherboard?

In my case the video stream has been reencoded to H264 so it's not related to any problem with VC1 content (as suggested by davilla).

Interestingly, if i change the audio settings within XBMC to analog out the error disappears.

On a different note, if i run TrueHD from a MKV container, i get no audio at all. Does anyone know what matroska splitter XBMC uses? I know Haali Media Splitter can't see TrueHD audio, however MPC-HC's splitter can.

Cheers
Appears to be sorted! Upgraded to the latest nightly SVN build and all is working. Big Grin
I have played my Blu-ray with True HD audio track successfully, i just searched online for half past day and find this guide and Blu-ray tool to get the audio out, and play very well now, you can just read the third part--how to reaseve truehd or dts-hd audio track.
http://www.my-video-converter.com/truehd...or_emerge/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blu-ray Rips with TrueHD audio cause error?0