XBMC doesn't recognize new files
Hi,
a few days ago I installed a new machine with ArchLinux and XBMC 8.10. For the filenames of my tv shows - which look like e.g. Heroes_SE01_EP01.mp4 - I had to put a regular expression into advancedsettings.xml. (My folder structure looks like e.g. /home/user/tvshows/Heroes/Season 1/)

The advancedsettings.xml looks like that (and is stored in /home/user/.xbmc/userdata/):
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>SE([0-9]+)_EP([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

After this configuration, everything on my hdd was recognized correctly and everything worked fine.

Today I wanted to add a few files and therefore copied them into the corresponding folder. After that I started up XBMC and expected it - like it did on another computer I own - to load the missing metadata from the internet. But nothing happened.

I checked the following things and everything seems to be set up correctly:
- do the new files correspond correctly to naming scheme I used before?
- are the permissions set right and is the user who starts xbmc the owner of the new files?
- is advancedsettings.xml still existing and is nothing changed within it?

So now I don't know what else I can check. When I choose "scan for new content" xbmc seems to not find the new files. Although they are in the same directory as the old ones and I can even see them, when I don't use library mode.
I even tried to add the same files to an xbmc running on another machine and it worked correctly.

Do you have any idea, what's going on?

Thanks in advance,
mamr
you seem to have done your groundwork. now do the final bit and make a debug log available. thanks. see my signature
Updatet to version 9.04 and it's working now. Don't know what caused the problem, but it's solved now.

Thanks though for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC doesn't recognize new files0