scan music recursively
hi. I can't figure out how to scan my music folder and it's subfolders automatically. is there a shortcut?command? Ive been searching the forum and cant find anything. I'm assuming there is an option like this like in the video section.
I can individually manually scan a folder to add it's info but can't scan my main music folder and it's contents. for example /music/radiohead/xxxx. it's like 70 gigs of music so id rather not have to manually scan every subfolder folder. (using the "i" button) It will scan music not in a folder for example /music/greatsong.mp3
thanks for reading this and i appreciate any help.Smile
That should be the default behaviour of XBMC, please post a log from where you bring up the context menu on "music" and select scan item to library.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
here is my log:http://pastebin.com/m1520d326
im trying to scan the main folder then looking in a already tagged folder and doing a subfolder manually in the above log.
more of my info:
1.uh..latest(sorry i dont understand whats being asked for)
2. using ubuntu 9.04 (gnome) up to date
3.i686
4. installed using main ppa
5.using xbmc 9.04 r19954

thanks.Smile
You didn't initiate a scan at all in that log, other than the "update library on startup" which probably didn't have anything to do, as I guess you didn't initiate a scan then either??

Context menu -> Scan Item to Library on your main folder.

Pressing I just does a music information lookup for the current folder (in this case it assumes you have an album there). It doesn't scan anything.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

thank you for your help. I thought you just had to press I. :o
i just searched for "context menu", had to right click on the music folder with a mouse. (did a quick forum search). scanning my video library was different and didn't require me having to do that.
thank you for your help. i appreciate it. i knew it had to be something simple. btw xbmc with vdpau support rocks so hard.Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
scan music recursively0