XMBC-Ubuntu 9.04-Runs slow
I just installed XMBC on my ubuntu machine and it runs slow. I have sluggish rss feeds at the bottom as well as a stuttering pointer. I have jaunty release installed and no SVN bulds yet.

Also, I noticed that my mounted smb/cifs drive does not show up when I go to ass sources, does this mean I have to manually add smb client info to XBMC for it to see my network drive? That is a lil frustrating when I got linux multiple NAS as mounts HD1, HD2 (1 for music and 1 for video)

Any help
Please read the sticky about how to post a usefull bugreport.
If you installed it on ubuntu 9.04 it could be because of crippled drivers, some of the drivers works slower with the newer xorg and kernel.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
It's likely a rendering issue with OpenGL, make sure that Compiz Fusion is not enabled. Maybe X isn't supporting OpenGL rendering at all which would be a big reason why it's slow because all the rendering is done by the CPU.

As for the mounts we'll need more info like Topfs2 is requesting. I'm familiar with linux and I don't even understand what you're talking about.
Ok, I had to install fglrx to get OPenGL support...works fine now. The ati driver causes tearing on Hulu which sucks..I this is the wors..fix one problem just ot create another...

as for the XBMC adding source...

I have my smb NAS mounted in unbuntu as HDD1. when I open xbmc to add the HDD1 source it does not show. However, when I plug in a usb drive, xbmc sees the source. Why can is see the USB drive but not the mounted SMB?

thanks
jngrim Wrote:when I go to ass sources

Now thats just plain funny.
jngrim Wrote:Ok, I had to install fglrx to get OPenGL support...works fine now. The ati driver causes tearing on Hulu which sucks..I this is the wors..fix one problem just ot create another...

as for the XBMC adding source...

I have my smb NAS mounted in unbuntu as HDD1. when I open xbmc to add the HDD1 source it does not show. However, when I plug in a usb drive, xbmc sees the source. Why can is see the USB drive but not the mounted SMB?

thanks

Think i typed in my smb share manually, see if that works
You can add the path manually, or symlink the smb share into the home directory of the user executing xbmc.

It would take a little extra work to have the mounted share show up on the list, but it would definitely be possible as many distributions do this with USB drives just as XBMC is doing now.

Open a trac ticket on http://trac.xbmc.org as a feature request and it might get implimented in a future version.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMBC-Ubuntu 9.04-Runs slow0