"Smaller" List View for Episodes?
Is there a way to get a smaller version of the List view in Aeon? I thought that I saw some screenshots in a thread a while back that shows Lists without the "Written by" and Plot lines.

Here's how it looks now. Some of the lines overlap, and it just takes up so much room -- I hate only showing 6 episodes at a time.

Is there a simple way to trim those down? If not, it's all good -- still beautiful. Just thought I'd ask -- I've been surprised before. Smile
Layout for Slim seems to have been removed for TV Shows.
As for the overlapping it's probably your NFO files causing the problem.
Quote:As for the overlapping it's probably your NFO files causing the problem.

I think that is not entirely true, the overlapping is caused by the list view allowing to many lines of text there. The fact that the plot of a episode is larger then what would fit in the space allowed is what causes the overlap.

I don't use the list view my self, I am a sucker for fan art, but I am willing to bet that in Viewtype_listview.xml you will find a control for the Plot outline that is way bigger then the space it actually has on the screen. Due to the drawing order os somehting like that you do not see the rest of the text on top of other elements but I am certain that correcting this one control and adding some scrolling to it will help a lot.
Problem is I have no idea if you can scroll a single line at a time keep it there for half a second or so and scroll to the next line, because a continuous scroll of a singel line of text would make it very hard to read the plot, and resizing the plot outline font won't help as then it will be impossible to read except for the largest of screens. Huh
Check the NFO files that it happens on and you'll find odd characters that cause the problem.
Bit off topic but is Chuck any good cos I was thinking about starting to watch it?
It's great fun.
Hitcher Wrote:Check the NFO files that it happens on and you'll find odd characters that cause the problem.

I don't use NFO files and encounter this problem with The Wire.
Hitcher Wrote:Layout for Slim seems to have been removed for TV Shows.
As for the overlapping it's probably your NFO files causing the problem.

That sucks. I hope it comes back. It still looks amazing, but I'd like to cram a few more episodes on a screen.

I only use NFO files for Movies -- these are from thetvdb. Are you not allowed to have multi-lined plots?

d0m3 Wrote:Bit off topic but is Chuck any good cos I was thinking about starting to watch it?

I just started a few weeks ago. I enjoyed it a lot, but it's definitely not for everyone. Definitely start from s01e01 and go straight through, or a lot of it won't make sense. Some episodes are a dud (I didn't like the 3D one that aired after the Superbowl), but overall it's good. They just finished the second season (and possibly the last Sad), so now would be a good time to catch up.
If you enable it for Movies it then works for TV Shows.
How do I do that? When using List View in Movies, I can switch between full and slim, but it doesn't stay for TV Shows. I've tried switching Movies to Slim, staying in the List view for Movies, going back to TV Shows, and it's still full (with no option to make it slim).

I've also looked through the Settings (albeit briefly), and I couldn't find anything.
Strange I can't change it back the Slim now.

I'll have a look at adding the Full/Slim button to the settings bar later today.
Well I got the button back for TV Shows easily enough but it doesn't do anything so I'll have to dig deeper when I've got more time (Plants vs. Zombies is too damn addictive).
"Clear personal settings" did the thing for me - now the menu item is back and working. And strangely enough I didn't notice any other setting that was reset...
Clearing all personal settings did not work for me.

This, however, worked beautifully. Thanks, Hitcher!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Smaller" List View for Episodes?0