[BUG] Multiplex thumbs do not display for multipart movies
Sorry if this has already been reported.

If you have a folder with multiple movie parts. Ex:

/Movies/yojimbo-cd1.sddvd.avi
/Movies/yojimbo-cd1.sddvd.avi
... etc.

The extra thumbs will not display. I believe this is because when there are multiple parts, ListItem.path is returning a stack of paths from the parts rather than a specific path. This is the log error line I see:

PICTURE: Error loading image stack://D:\Movies\SD Movies\Yojimbo\yojimbo-cd1.sddvd.avi , D:\Movies\SD Movies\Yojimbo\extrathumbs/thumb2.jpg

I tried looking for a way to change the parameters on the ListItem.path to fix this issue, but the additional options on the ListItem don't seem well documented.

Edit: Oh.. and using XBMC 9.04 stable with Aeon Auriga latest GIT package.

Thanks
It's not gonna ever work is my guess.

These hacks that this skin does are not supported. They won't work with other stuff either (eg multipaths, rar/zip etc.)

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

that explains it... bummer...
Simple answer is to join your files -

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/...in_avi.cfm
Hitcher Wrote:Simple answer is to join your files -

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/...in_avi.cfm

but what to do with the srt subtitle files?
Can't you open them with Word and copy&paste 2 in to 1?
in general - yes, but only in case the join did not skip anything, and it makes media management way too complicated. I'll stay with the showcase for movies for now.
since when can you copy paste 2 srt files into 1 just like that?
if i do that i think it would be messed up
does srt not use time? to specify when a title has to show up?

those for CD2 would start from 0 again no?
so copy pasting those titles after the first CD would need adjusting to all times

or am i wrong on this subject.

anyway, sorry for hijacking this topic...
it is a bummer if this would not get fixed that is very mutch true
lets hope some genius wraps his head around it and finds a fix Smile
Saelfaer Wrote:since when can you copy paste 2 srt files into 1 just like that?
if i do that i think it would be messed up
does srt not use time? to specify when a title has to show up?

those for CD2 would start from 0 again no?
so copy pasting those titles after the first CD would need adjusting to all times

or am i wrong on this subject.

i think you are right
I didn't say you can do that, I simply asked if it's possible.
Aeon's a lovely skin, but it bends more than a few rules in its eagerness to provide functionality...

This is supposed to be clear, but perhaps it isn't always so obvious.

If you want to use the 'advanced' Aeon features, you have to be prepared to work at it!

I personally think the right way to go is to influence the XBMC team to implement features in a skin agnostic way.

Our eagerness to get more and more in a skin actually makes folk create some fairly crappy solutions...that can sometimes have a habit of becoming a defacto standard.
I suppose no one has figured out a solution or a way around this other than combining the files for 2 part movies?
i also hope somebody has found a solution for this..
Since I raised this originally as a bug, I started looking at trying to fix this in XBMC itself, but JMarshall was serious when he said it was unlikely it could be fixed soon. I am not strong in C++ coding, but I believe that something new needs to be created to support the "extras" directory functionality. The existing tags cannot be changed without major repercussions to other code.

Digitalhigh raised a ticket/feature request for the functionality, but its not part of the 9.10 release (yet). I might try and take a look at this again later, but for now, I am fairly swamped with personal work.
webmosher Wrote:Since I raised this originally as a bug, I started looking at trying to fix this in XBMC itself, but JMarshall was serious when he said it was unlikely it could be fixed soon. I am not strong in C++ coding, but I believe that something new needs to be created to support the "extras" directory functionality. The existing tags cannot be changed without major repercussions to other code.

Digitalhigh raised a ticket/feature request for the functionality, but its not part of the 9.10 release (yet). I might try and take a look at this again later, but for now, I am fairly swamped with personal work.

Could somebody explain precisely what listitem.path will return for a movie with, and without stacking?

ie.
C:\movies\starwars\starwars.avi
C:\movies\superman\superman-cd1.avi
C:\movies\batman.avi

what will listem.path actually return?

IF it returns the following
"C:\movies\starwars" <-- good (we append \moviethumbs\)
"C:\movies\superman" <-- good (we append \moviethumbs\
"C:\movies\batman.avi" <-- (we MIGHT BE ABLE TO FIX by appending ..\<listitem.title>-moviethumbs\)

The third example is a cunning trick to make C:\movies\batman.avi\..\batman-extrathumbs\

which ACTUALLY equates to:
C:\movies\batman-extrathumbs\

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BUG] Multiplex thumbs do not display for multipart movies0