myth:// live tv (and recorded) HD playback problem
I want to use XBMC as a MythTV Frontend for my Windows Vista laptop to watch live tv in areas of my house where I don't have a TV, and also to watch my recordings.

I installed the latest build of XBMC for Windows and the SD channels on my DVB card display fine and I can watch without any problems. But if I change to an HD channel, the audio repeats 2x every second or so. My MythTV backend is a 3.04ghz P4 w/1gb of ram, ATSC tuner and Ubuntu 9.04. My windows laptop that I'm running XBMC on is a Dual Core 2.16ghz, Vista Ultimate 64-bit, and 4gb of RAM.

Haven't really done anything with my transcoders in MythTV, but I have set up a samba share to my recordings and the HD ones appear to play fine in Windows Media Player outside of XBMC.

I'm using the myth:// protocol on XBMC to attach to my MythTV Backend.

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks so much!
I've created a samba share to my mythtv hd recordings /var/lib/mythtv/recordings and the high-def mpeg2 recordings play fine under XBMC for Windows.

So to further clarify my question, why is it that tv has skippy audio by using the myth:// protocol, and it works fine when you connect to it with a samba share? I'm fine with using the samba share to watch my recordings, but I really want live HD tv in xbmc, plus tying in the database that describes the recording filenames would be useful as well.

I can't find any caching settings for Windows XBMC, and I'm wondering if there's some sort of hacked up advancedsettings.xml that can be thrown together to fix this.
Sorry, didn't read forum stickys... by latest, I'm running XBMC 9.04 'Babylon' for Windows. I can post any additional information if necessary. Please let me know.

I've searched this forum pretty hard for the answer, as well as Google and really haven't found anything that helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
myth:// live tv (and recorded) HD playback problem0