Change in icon naming scheme
Hi guys,

Another change for you to be aware of. There's been a "Big" appended to the name of many icons for quite some time (years in fact). This came from a very old artifact where we used to have two sets of icons, small and big. We generally don't need this nowadays, and it's been a pain in the arse to maintain (eg we need the name in the code without the Big if it's used in an icon, but with the Big if it's used anywhere else).

So I've changed it to remove all the Big stuff completely. The trigger to not add the Big on to the icon is if your skin <version> tag is larger 2.10 (eg 2.11).

This allows lots of nice stuff to occur - the primary one is that you can use ListItem.Icon to refer to static content lists, where you set the <icon> and <thumb> tag in the static content and it'll do the usual "if thumbnail is nonempty, return the thumb, else return the icon" fallback stuff.

I've also cleaned up the casing of the previously "Big" icons - they're now using MixedCase, so each word capitalized. This fits in with many of the others. As far as I'm aware there are only 2 that aren't this case - defaultAlbumCover.png and defaultVideoCover.png. I'll likely change the case of those so that it's all consistent - remember, this makes no difference if the files are in an XPR - only if they aren't, and then only if you're on a case sensitive filesystem.

I strongly suggest you change the casing of your files to match - just as it makes development without XPR files easier.

Any questions, please ask.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change in icon naming scheme0