New Common Plugin Repository needed for Addons?
Lightbulb 
I've recently been setting up OPENMAID for meedios and was wondering if XBMC was interested a central plugin repository? It could be self hosted and themed to make it look integrated with the xbmc website.

I see you already have an svn and google code pages but they don't seem very up-to-date or functional for the average user.

Some features OPENMAID has:

- Reads a standard xml descriptor file on upload
- Automatic screenshot upload
- Version history and downloads
- Plugin author has full access to edit the information and add metadata
- API so plugins can be accessed from inside the htpc GUI
- Download tracking
- Forum user name integration
- Plugin charts and feedback scores

Let me know if there is any interest for setting this up. I don't really know enough about XBMC plugins yet to do it all myself though.

The SVN is here if anyone wants to play around with it. https://meedios.svn.sourceforge.net/svnr.../OpenMAID/
There is a addons installer in the works..
Good news then Smile

I think having all plugins in one place without the need to register for a new site will encourage many more to be produced and maintained.
would be nice if someone could take control of a repository that listed working and nonworking plugins
that issue will be adressed in the new installer, we are aware of the issue, but there isn't any easy solution to it.
Just to give you some ideas, in the openmaid repository there is an option to vote if the plugin works or not

The plugin installer module then checks against this and warns the user when installing that the plugin may not work. The xtern.php interface reports if the community has voted the plugin broken or working.
That is an alternative, but we won't have a fancy page for addons, it will all be embedded into xbmc. Besides, there will be a lot of bad reports (user errors etc).

Optimal would be if xbmc could detect some of the non working addons and make a report.

Still want this option, so I keep figuring out a good solution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Common Plugin Repository needed for Addons?0