XBMC 9.04 changes screen to extremely low resolution
I was running version 8 for Windows and it worked fine. I installed v9.04 and when it ran for the first time it changed my screen resolution to an extremely low resolution mode where the entire program would not fit onto the screen.

I could not click on options because they were below the screen. Alt Tab brought up the start button, which now took up the entire lower half of the screen. I could not shut down XBMC, even with task manager, which could not fit on the screen. I had to forcibly shut down the PC.

I rebooted and ran in windowed mode, and xbmc came up in a tiny window with the options gadgets again below the bottom of the window, so I can't reset the resolution from within the program. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but it still has the same problem.

How do I fix xbmc so it displays properly?
Sad 
I have exactly the same issue. I am using 32 bit Vista with GeForce 8500 with updated driver. Vista starts up in 1080i from my HTPC but when I launch XBMC 9.04 it changes the video card output to 480p, but displays an image of much higher resolution. I can see only the upper left corner of the XBMC display and cannot access the settings to change anything. I even tried another monitor with 768 resolution and got the same result. I am using the default Vista font size.

Previous version of XBMC (dont know number) worked okay, but some issues with file recognition.

What's going on?
Thanks, klrock.

I'm running ATI 9700 under XP- could not be more different.

What's even more interesting is that you mention a file recognition problem. Can you say more about that? I had a file recognition problem, too. I could point to a directory on the NAS but couldn't get the files to show. I was waiting for the XBMC update to solve the problem, but it created a greater problem.

Also, I found that I can get to settings, kind of, by using the keyboard (up down enter) instead of the mouse, I can select buttons below the screen. But it's hard to see how to change the screen resolution when clicking blind.

How about it, XBMC? Any ideas?
I fixed the problem. I poked around with the arrow keys until I stumbled onto the video settings and reset to 1080. Now it boots in the right mode.

I still don't know why it insisted on starting in 320x200 and why it won't display the whole screen in that mode.

Anyway, it's fixed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 9.04 changes screen to extremely low resolution0