Newbie with a question regarding video control icon
Question 
I just signed up for an account. Sorry, I haven't read all the posts yet, but I have a question, or maybe a couple of questions.

I installed the latest build of xbmc as well as the Project Mayhem3 skin. I am running Vista Ultimate 64 on an AMD Quad 9350e. This is my first homebrew HTPC project.

I actually prefer the look of the Mayhem3 skin over the default XBMC skin, except for one thing - the video control icon thing-a-ma-jigger. I don't know what it is called, but I'll try to elaborate.

For example, let's say play a .mkv video file. When I move the cursor and/or click the mouse, this large round control pad icon pops up on the left bottom side of the video. On this control pad, I can press play or pause, ff, rev, skip, bookmark, go to the main page, but I can't figure out how to STOP the video completely.

I know some of you guys are probably giggling at my ignorance, but for the life of me, where is the STOP button?

Also, is there a way to change that icon into a simple menu bar that appears from the bottom of the screen?

Like if I move the cursor off the bottom of the screen, a bar raises up with skip back, rev, pause, stop/play, ff, slip forward? I think with the the totally cool look of the Project Mayhem3 skin, that would be a better interface than the round icon control thing.
Hi & Welcome to the forums!

Heres a link to the wiki page. For the OSD controls.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Videos#Videos_Key_Features

As far as skining the controls, its time to read alot or choose another skin im afraid.
Skining is also covered in the wiki.

Hope this helps.
Smile 
buges Wrote:Hi & Welcome to the forums!

Heres a link to the wiki page. For the OSD controls.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Videos#Videos_Key_Features

As far as skining the controls, its time to read alot or choose another skin im afraid.
Skining is also covered in the wiki.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Buges! Actually that info helped. So now I have to figure out how to reprogram #3 to stop, rather than go back to the main menu with the video playing in the background. There must be a easier way to program the buttons on the OSD.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie with a question regarding video control icon1