High CPU usage in GUI
I'm running svn 20222 for Windows on a C2D 6550 2.3GHz, and I enabled the debug log while playing around with a different problem, and I was shocked to see the CPU was in the 90% range. It's like this if I'm setting at the home screen or any other XBMC screen I tried. This is without any video or music playing in the background. I also tried all available settings for Vertical Blank Sync and it all acts the same. I was using PM3.HD, but I also tried Basics-Vision and it shows the same thing. I also installed this XBMC build on my laptop and it shows the same.

Anybody else seeing this?
RockDawg Wrote:I'm running svn 20222 for Windows on a C2D 6550 2.3GHz, and I enabled the debug log while playing around with a different problem, and I was shocked to see the CPU was in the 90% range. It's like this if I'm setting at the home screen or any other XBMC screen I tried. This is without any video or music playing in the background. I also tried all available settings for Vertical Blank Sync and it all acts the same. I was using PM3.HD, but I also tried Basics-Vision and it shows the same thing. I also installed this XBMC build on my laptop and it shows the same.

Anybody else seeing this?

you dont have any information that people can help you with
OS? computer Specs? etc...

There are numerous thread on this issues, you just have to
work through it on your PC...
roeroe Wrote:you dont have any information that people can help you with
OS? computer Specs? etc...

There are numerous thread on this issues, you just have to
work through it on your PC...

Please show me these "numerous" threads on this. I searched and found one talking about CPU usage between 50-60% and that's where I found to try the different vertical blank sync settings. There was also another one talking about 50%, but there was nothing different posted there. What's your CPU usage normally?

I should have noted that I see this on Vista Home Premium with SP1 with 2GB ram and I already listed the cpu. What is the norm? I would imagine it should be much lower than ~97%.
Search for 100% cpu usage. There are at least 5 threads with all the exact same crap in them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
High CPU usage in GUI0