xbmc bug
hi all
sorry for the question dubling from skinning forum, but this question is very actual for me:

pls advise me, i don't know is it a bug or i do something incorrect, but when i'm trying to call the xbmc lyrics script in the startup.xml:

Code:
<control type="button" id="10">
            <description>trigger</description>
            <onfocus>XBMC.RunScript(special://xbmc/skin/PM3.HD/extras/XBMC Lyrics/default.py)</onfocus>
            <texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
            <texturefocus>-</texturefocus>
            <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(Use_Startup_Playlist)</visible>
        </control>

and trying to close the xbmc window or call xbmc.shutdown() command when XBMC lyrics window is showing the xbmc application freezes and i cannot to close it...

by code researching i see that the xbmc (i see the xbmc for win 9.04 version) is deadlocked in the:
void XBPython::FreeResources()
on python thread deleting
delete it->pyThread; (this code string)

can somebody to confirm this bug ? or not bug?

pls see also the situation description in the my topic:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51036
Clearly this has nothing to do with whether the script was started from the skin or elsewhere.

Pop a ticket on trac with everything needed to reproduce and someone will take a look when they have time.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Clearly this has nothing to do with whether the script was started from the skin or elsewhere.

Pop a ticket on trac with everything needed to reproduce and someone will take a look when they have time.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Probably, I have not clearly described a situation -
try to start a creating xml window script, and to close the xbmc application in case of nonclosed python window
Unless a ticket on trac is posted, this will surely be lost. Please do so.

Thanks,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc bug0