Audio toggle /w keyboard controls
If this is already possible, please enlighten me...

I have XBMC on 4 different machines throughout the house. 3 PCs and one Xbox. With mediastream skin it is by far the best HTPC frontend I have ever used. I want to thank the developers for all the time and effort they have put in to making such an excellent piece of software.

Now for the meat of the post. In the master BR I have XBMC setup on a quad core machine that is hooked up to an older Dolby Prologic Receiver for audio. I also have a bluetooth adapter and a bluetooth headset attached to the machine. My GF tends to go to sleep earlier than me, and while the flicker of the 24 inch monitor doesn't disturb her, the sound does keep her awake.

I know I can switch to the Bluetooth HQ audio output by selecting it in the menus, but I was hoping there was a way to create a couple of audio profiles (one for the sound card, one for the BT audio) that I could switch back and forth between by mapping a button on the keyboard, and consequently with Event Ghost, to my X10 remote.

I'm preety sure I can use EG to change the default audio device, but I would prefer a solution that is limited in scope to XBMC instead of being a system wide change.

Thanks
Well, I created a solution for myself. I copied my install to a second directory named XBMCBT, set the audio in that one to use the bluetooth, and created some batch files in each directory to launch XBMC.

Now, using EventGhost, whenever I press the "A" button on my X10 remote, it wakes up the monitor if it is off, launches a batch file that copies the guisettings.xml from that directory tree to the \users\AppData\XBMC folder and then launches and brings to focus XBMC. That starts it with regular audio out through the speakers. The "B" button on my remote does the same thing but using the XBMCBT directory instead so I get audio through the bluetooth headphones. The Power button on the remote kills XBMC and turns the monitor off.
Good thinking, but I too could use a command to switch audio output devices.

Actually, what I really need is a way to output to both audio hardware simultaneously, but I'm not sure that is possible.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio toggle /w keyboard controls0