Help needed with ATV + XBMC 9.04
Hi All,
OK i have been using XBMC while a while on my MBP and Imac and all ok, my apple remote calls up the context menu with no issues at all.

I have just bought a ATV last week.
firmware 2.1 is on the item and i have not updated as yet.
XBMC has been installed and is working but i just can not get the context menu to open after i press and hold the menu button?

I have looked at the keymap.xml file and this appears to be fine. I have even copied over the keymap.xml from my MBP and still nothing.

Can anybody shed light on why this will not open?
will i need to update the ATV to 2.3 and reinstall XBMC or can i stay on 2.1?

BTW i have googled this to death and can not find a solution
Thanks in advance
Darren
IIRC Menu_Hold should work fine on ATV 2.1.
Which Launcher version are you using?

Also you may want to update to a newer ATV firmware version, e.g. 2.3.(1?) to be able to use learned remotes.

btw, there are quite a few threads in this forum about it. Try to search for "context menu".

cheers,
mdd

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
launcher is .3 or the latest version.
i have searched for the above and can only find information about the keymap.xml

might try an upgrade to the ATv version
brookied Wrote:launcher is .3 or the latest version.
is that 0.3 (~8m old) or 3.0 (new)?

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
sorry 3.0, i have just updated the ATV to 2.3.1 and have a different issue, when i select XBMC from the menu the screen is blank but i can here the menu navigation?

----------------
Scrap the above, i updated the launcher and it is firing up ok now, only crashing when trying to add a source for films?
just updating into babylon r9.04 to see if this helps?
brookied Wrote:[...]
Scrap the above, i updated the launcher and it is firing up ok now, only crashing when trying to add a source for films?
just updating into babylon r9.04 to see if this helps?

yep, please update to babylon first. If the problem is still there, please see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47124 before posting.

Thanks,
mdd

ok update,
2.3.1 on the ATV
changd screen res to 720p
updated the launcher
then run the babylon download,
all worked and context menu working also.
cheers for help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help needed with ATV + XBMC 9.040