• 168(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
Just to chime in and say a huge thanks for your work with the plugin, my 4 year old has loved the CBeebies stuff. Let's hope we can get a new one up and running shortly!
edited
(2014-10-31, 01:20)speedwell68 Wrote: As an alternative to the iPlayer addon. You could use Plex. Setup a Plex Media Server on your PC and then install the PlexBMC addon in XBMC. You can now install the BBC iPlayer Channel on your Plex Media Server and access it from the PlexBMC addon. It works a treat on all 3 of my Raspberry Pi HTPCs, all 3 running Gotham 13.2 on OpenELEC 4.2.1. This also works perfectly in Gotham on my PC.

This works well on my Revo. It direct plays the iPlayer stream, doesn't transcode, and therefore uses next to no CPU.

An excellent work around until this gets fixed, or the BBC decide to balls up the Plex iPlayer too.
Could someone tell us how do you install iplayer on plex ?
(2014-10-31, 17:43)tricky2lu Wrote: Could someone tell us how do you install iplayer on plex ?

It's all in the browser

Channels > Install Channels .......
On Android just install BBC IPlayer apps ( 2 required for addon to work) and watch live and catchup BBC...Even works with DNS for those outside UK....
(2014-10-31, 01:20)speedwell68 Wrote:
(2014-10-29, 16:27)dlake02 Wrote: No longer working for me

As of a few hours ago....

http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/feeds

This has nuked get_iplayer as well.

The Beeb was the only thing keeping us sane in this awful country (let you guess where).

Son is going to be very upset he can't watch CBBC any more - endless violent and banal cartoons with ceaseless adverts for stuff no-one needs, here we come :-(

First of all, I would like to thank dlake02, Dink, BuZz, Alastair (and all other contributors) for all of their hard work on this excellent plugin.

I am using iPlayer (version 2.5.9) on OpenELEC (version 4.2.1 for RPi.arm) and used it to watch EastEnders on Tuesday.

I found this thread on Thursday and used speedwell68's suggestion to watch EastEnders again on Thursday (yesterday).

get_iplayer is still working for me. I am using it on Lubuntu 14.04. I was using it tonight and downloaded 8 different programmes. From the command line I am running this command...

Code:
get_iplayer http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04n62lf/eastenders-28102014 --tvmode=flashhd,flashvhigh, --force

That address will download Eastenders. Simply replace it by copying the address of your desired programme from the iPlayer website in your browser and paste in place of my example address.

As an alternative to the iPlayer addon. You could use Plex. Setup a Plex Media Server on your PC and then install the PlexBMC addon in XBMC. You can now install the BBC iPlayer Channel on your Plex Media Server and access it from the PlexBMC addon. It works a treat on all 3 of my Raspberry Pi HTPCs, all 3 running Gotham 13.2 on OpenELEC 4.2.1. This also works perfectly in Gotham on my PC.

I would like to thank dlake02, Dink, BuZz, Alastair (and all other contributors) for all of their hard work on this excellent plugin.

I am using iPlayer (version 2.5.9) on OpenELEC (version 4.2.1 for RPi.arm) and used it to watch EastEnders on Tuesday.

I found this thread on Thursday (when the plugin stopped working for me) and used speedwell68's suggestion to watch EastEnders again on Thursday (yesterday).

I understand that the BBC has (abruptly) moved to the Nitro platform, but what I don't understand is how ReallyFuzzy's Plex Channel (ITV Player) is still working (according to GitHib his code has not changed in 9 months) ... (https://github.com/ReallyFuzzy/ITV-Player.bundle).

Can this code be used to assist in restoring the (Highlights, Popular, Search) functions on iPlayer for XBMC?

BTW, I'm using UnoTelly SmartDNS (not VPN) to watch BBC and ITV in Canada.

Thanks, Thufir.
(2014-10-31, 19:19)mentat Wrote:
(2014-10-31, 01:20)speedwell68 Wrote:
(2014-10-29, 16:27)dlake02 Wrote: No longer working for me

As of a few hours ago....

http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/feeds

This has nuked get_iplayer as well.

The Beeb was the only thing keeping us sane in this awful country (let you guess where).

Son is going to be very upset he can't watch CBBC any more - endless violent and banal cartoons with ceaseless adverts for stuff no-one needs, here we come :-(

First of all, I would like to thank dlake02, Dink, BuZz, Alastair (and all other contributors) for all of their hard work on this excellent plugin.

I found this thread on Thursday and used speedwell68's suggestion to watch EastEnders again on Thursday (yesterday).

get_iplayer is still working for me. I am using it on Lubuntu 14.04. I was using it tonight and downloaded 8 different programmes. From the command line I am running this command...

Code:
get_iplayer http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04n62lf/eastenders-28102014 --tvmode=flashhd,flashvhigh, --force

That address will download Eastenders. Simply replace it by copying the address of your desired programme from the iPlayer website in your browser and paste in place of my example address.

As an alternative to the iPlayer addon. You could use Plex. Setup a Plex Media Server on your PC and then install the PlexBMC addon in XBMC. You can now install the BBC iPlayer Channel on your Plex Media Server and access it from the PlexBMC addon. It works a treat on all 3 of my Raspberry Pi HTPCs, all 3 running Gotham 13.2 on OpenELEC 4.2.1. This also works perfectly in Gotham on my PC.

I would like to thank dlake02, Dink, BuZz, Alastair (and all other contributors) for all of their hard work on this excellent plugin.

I found this thread on Thursday (when the plugin stopped working for me) and used speedwell68's suggestion to watch EastEnders again on Thursday (yesterday).

I understand that the BBC has (abruptly) moved to the Nitro platform, but what I don't understand is how ReallyFuzzy's Plex Channel (ITV Player) is still working (according to GitHib his code has not changed in 9 months) ... (https://github.com/ReallyFuzzy/ITV-Player.bundle).

Can this code be used to assist in restoring the (Highlights, Popular, Search) functions on iPlayer for XBMC?

BTW, I'm using UnoTelly SmartDNS (not VPN) to watch BBC and ITV in Canada.

Thanks, Thufir.

No .... because ITV is NOT the BBC
castalla,

I should have said...

I understand that the BBC has (abruptly) moved to the Nitro platform, but what I don't understand is how the BBC iPlayer (Plex Channel) is still working (I don't have a link to the source code for this one).

I appreciate the prompt correction.

Thanks, Thufir.
(2014-10-31, 19:47)mentat Wrote: castalla,

I should have said...

I understand that the BBC has (abruptly) moved to the Nitro platform, but what I don't understand is how the BBC iPlayer (Plex Channel) is still working (I don't have a link to the source code for this one).

I appreciate the prompt correction.

Thanks, Thufir.

A good point!
I found sander1's Plex code here: https://github.com/plexinc-plugins/BBC-iPlayer.bundle (if it can help the XBMC developers)?
The issue here is not with the playing of videos, but the identificaion of current programmes available on iplayer. The current iPlayer plugin relies on the BBC RSS feeds to get this list. However there is an alternative API available at http://bbc.co.uk/programmmes.
A few months ago I decided I did not like the interface on the current add-on and completely re-wrote this portion without using the RSS feeds.
My addon still works.
Unfortunately I have changed the functions for watched status and resumed to use MySQL for multiple XBMC machines and keep the status. This has required some changes to the core XBMC application (to expose database connections). Without these changes my addon will not work. There is also an amount of skin dependency regarding the way programmes are displayed, which as I was modifying purely for myself, and everyone was happy with the extant addon did not matter until now.
I have also removed all radio functionality because I was not interested in this.
There are some problems, but I can watch about 90% of iPlayer content and it still works, the removal of the RSS has made no change.
The backend for viewing videos is the same.
I am happy to provide my code if anyone is interested, but bear in mind that it will not work with a standard install, however it could be modified to remove the database and skin dependencies.
I suppose the best thing would be to make your code available and if anyone wants to modify it (or use as a basis for fixing the iPlayer addon) then they can do so without any further delay.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
How and where can I post the code?
Github, Google Code, even a ZIP file on Dropbox would do at a push.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
  • 168(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13