• 123(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
Firstly, I just want to say thanks for this plugin; it's been absolutely rock solid for ages and is easily my most used add on.

Sadly, for the first time in a *very* long time I'm having problems with playback. Whenever I select a program to watch all the usual progress bars pop up and load (selecting stream etc.), but playback immediately fails after that. Any suggestions to get it working again would be much appreciated.

Debug log with 3 separate playback attempts: http://pastebin.com/YVQhp5Fy
no matter what i watch the stream starts then a few seconds later, 2-3 secs, just freezes
(2012-05-11, 10:25)procrastinator Wrote: Firstly, I just want to say thanks for this plugin; it's been absolutely rock solid for ages and is easily my most used add on.

Sadly, for the first time in a *very* long time I'm having problems with playback. Whenever I select a program to watch all the usual progress bars pop up and load (selecting stream etc.), but playback immediately fails after that. Any suggestions to get it working again would be much appreciated.

could be a temporary issue with the cdns or a network issue. did you try switching stream sources etc ?

I just tested and I can play the streams fine here.
I heard somewhere that BBC iplayer was launching overseas, for a fee !. It is very frustrating for us expats to not be able to watch the BBC output or any of our native channels for that matter. It's all to do with "rights".

The stupid thing is of course is that most if not all expats now use torrents to watch the stuff that they would probably happily pay for.

In my own situation I used to torrent music, then spotify came along and I haven't touch a music torrent since. Luckily spotify only seem to region lock their initial sign up not their streams. If ONLY the BBC did the same !!.

I guarantee they release an worldwide BBC iplayer I would happily sign up AND PAY.

Hi!

I have a freshly bought-and-built Winx64-based computer running the latest XBMC v11. After a weekend of fiddling I seem to be able to get most of it running the way I want to with one huge exception. I have the Unblock-Us service which works brilliantly in the web browser for all services, yet when using the iPlayer, 4oD, iTV Player or TVonDemand addons XBMC freezes or simply don't respond when selecting feeds. I would especially love to have the iPlayer but when selecting live streams it acts as if I haven't selected anything while on the other hand freezing when selecting a programme. Am I missing something basic here? I tried to search the forums but haven't found anything helpful except talk about RTMP.. I'd be grateful for any advice! Smile
(2012-05-11, 18:44)exobuzz Wrote: could be a temporary issue with the cdns or a network issue. did you try switching stream sources etc ?

I just tested and I can play the streams fine here.

Thanks Exobuzz. Changing the source did the trick. It was previously set to "Any". It still failed when the source was set to "Akamai", but the others seem to be OK.

Apologies if this was an obvious solution, with this thread having over 1800 posts it's not easy to find a solution if you don't know what to search for. Just a thought, but if there are a pretty standard set of troubleshooting steps to use (such as "switching the stream sources etc") then you could add them to the iPlayer Addon's wiki page. Might save you from repeating yourself too often in this thread.

Thanks again for the help.
My rtmp streams don't appear to be working - I get script failed on trying to play video streams, radio is fine
Im using 12.0-ALPHA2 Git:20120520 with xbmcbuntu - upgraded rtmpdump too ?

http://pastebin.com/5peqkgqT

you seem to have a build without rtmp support.

although the parliament issue is due to changes by the bbc and the nasty way the script works - ive hacked the script to work (svn version not release version).

looks like other live channels need some work too. needs a rewrite really in many areas.
Yep, wasn't built with rtmp support,

for configure there's this option "--enable-rtmp enable RTMP support via librtmp (default is auto)"
of course if I didn't have rtmpdump installed it won't build with rtmp Smile - I'm guessing that original xbmcbuntu doesn't come with rtmp installed - but built for it.

Something else to remember, thanks for the pointer

Thanks for the plugin too, works great!
I released 2.4.15 which fixes some issues with live streams.
(2012-04-29, 17:53)bilbonvidia Wrote: Another vote here for a resume option so the stream can be started from where left off, eg if had to stop watching a programme halfway.

+1 for that.

And thanks for a fab addon.
Mark.
(2011-07-07, 00:40)cami Wrote: For me it rarely works. Usually it causes xbmc to lock up/freeze. And pausing sometimes causes the video to stop playing.

Hi there, yep, seems there are others with this same issue, and I have 3 xbmc systems, two on windows, one linux, and all have a very odd fast forward behaviour, the counter jumps 3mins - 4 mins - 2mins - 5mins- 2mins - 5 etc... and then can freeze too...

It would be nice if the progress bar was click-able and you could go-to a certain spot in the show.

Tx for this addon!

Mark.
just upgraded to 2.4.15 and if i try to play any thing from CBBeeies they play for a few minutes then stop. I am on ATV2 4.2.2 with Eden 11.0 stable.
I have tried setting the stream to different settings and each one will stop. Have updated the LibRTMP file to one that says it supports latest features
but there seems no way to actually get the version number etc from the file.
I am in UK so cannot figure out why it keeps stopping.

Can anyone help. thks
I updated librtmp per this post by procrastinator, works for me on atv2 now

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1115968
  • 123(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13