• 179(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
(2014-11-16, 02:18)dlake02 Wrote: sqig - can we let exobuzz update and release please. If I send out a new version, it will cause confusion....

Thank you.
Looking forward to the update.
(2014-11-17, 14:11)wwortel Wrote: @dlake02
Have manually intoduced the patches but the live streams do not work here.
What works:
a new category 'Watch Live'; under that a list from 'BBC One HD' to 'BBC Alba'; with the mouse over an entry in the list the channel's logo appears.
What does not work:
clicking a channel has no effect. After trying a few, the error message appears 'One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details'.
(XBMC 13.2 of Nov. 8). The log file shows that the URLs that were tried do not answer. E.g.:
CurlFile::Open(0x7f7cb009a9a0) http://vs-hds-uk-live.edgesuite.net/pool...00000.m3u8
ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22)

Further analysis reveals that the problem may be in the invocation of the stream reproduction process. In the case of a live stream the proxy setting is ignored. It is essential for many though.

Live streams will not work through a proxy.
@dlake02
when launching iplayer from BBC's website via firefox, and using a proxy, the live streams work ...
The above stream also works fine on OpenELEC/RPi when started with JSON:
Code:
texturecache.py playw "http://vs-hds-uk-live.edgesuite.net/pool_4/live/bbc_one_hd/bbc_one_hd.isml/bbc_one_hd-audio_1%3D128000-video%3D3500000.m3u8"
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@ Milhouse; thanks. Just tried VLC, with proxy set, and that works also on this m3u8 link.
So it must be a matter of how the reproduction process gets started in iplayer2.py, after the live URL has been determined in default.py. The log file shows that it is distinctly different for on-demand content (the use of the proxy is shown in the log) and live content (no mentioning of the proxy and the m3u8 URL consequently does not answer here since I need the proxy.
(2014-11-17, 23:07)wwortel Wrote: @dlake02
when launching iplayer from BBC's website via firefox, and using a proxy, the live streams work ...

Correct - because you are pulling all the .ts parts that make up and HDS through the proxy.

With XBMC/Kodi, the player does not support such a proxy (and believe me, I've tried).

So the .ts parts are pulled directly even though the processing of the main part of the app uses a proxy. Until I can find a way of using a proxy for the XBMC Player (the thing that actually renders the video), you cannot run the streams through a proxy.
iPlayer 2.6.5 is released

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_knGio...sp=sharing

Changes:

* genre missing from programme information - thanks to blaise
* live streaming are working again. Thanks to dlake for the hints
* use getiterator for backward compatibility with old python/elementtree - thanks to streetsy
(2014-11-18, 03:18)exobuzz Wrote: iPlayer 2.6.5 is released

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_knGio...sp=sharing

Changes:

* genre missing from programme information - thanks to blaise
* live streaming are working again. Thanks to dlake for the hints
* use getiterator for backward compatibility with old python/elementtree - thanks to streetsy

Initial feedback: live streams not working. Either Failed item or just redisplay of menu.

Will post log later today.
(2014-11-18, 01:17)dlake02 Wrote: So the .ts parts are pulled directly even though the processing of the main part of the app uses a proxy. Until I can find a way of using a proxy for the XBMC Player (the thing that actually renders the video), you cannot run the streams through a proxy.

Thanks for your comments. A stream from BBC's archive works though in XBMC and does go via the proxy. So in your opinion this behaviour is specific to .ts stream segments.
Will give it a try to enforce the proxy outside of xbmc.
Many thanks to all involved in getting past the doom and gloom, the HD live streams are a nice bonus.
(2014-11-18, 11:02)wwortel Wrote: Thanks for your comments. A stream from BBC's archive works though in XBMC and does go via the proxy. So in your opinion this behaviour is specific to .ts stream segments.
Will give it a try to enforce the proxy outside of xbmc.

the ondemand rtmp streams are not geolocked. only the api that provides the auth information for playing them is - which goes via a proxy if you configure one.
When I am outside of the UK, I use a VPN (openvpn installed on my own router).
BBC 1 live failed

log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=354378

Using a smart dns
It's trying to play with paplayer. we try to force dvdplayer, but I didn't think about the case of the pi and how that would work - I guess it ignores it. If you set up a playercorefactory.xml to force omxplayer for m3u8 it may work. Problem is even on linux xbmc by default when set to auto tries to use paplayer for this filetype.
(2014-11-18, 15:39)exobuzz Wrote: It's trying to play with paplayer. we try to force dvdplayer, but I didn't think about the case of the pi and how that would work - I guess it ignores it. If you set up a playercorefactory.xml to force omxplayer for m3u8 it may work. Problem is even on linux xbmc by default when set to auto tries to use paplayer for this filetype.

A bit beyond me .... I'll just have to stick with the 'other' plugin, I guess. Pity.
Seems to work beautifully on my Android.

Thanks very much to all involved.
  • 179(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13