• 183(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
I noticed in 2.6.8 that programmes are marked as viewed now.
Thank you very much exobuzz.
Whenever I try to install these recent versions, xbmc tells me "addon enabled" yet my video add-ons list is suspiciously devoid of any iPlayer entry.

Am I being daft? How do I find it?
(2014-11-27, 02:09)Ananym Wrote: How do I find it?

Videos -> Add-ons
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-11-24, 19:40)exobuzz Wrote: iPlayer 2.6.8 is available

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_knGio...sp=sharing

changes:

* use json format for api output to speed up data parsing
* various code changes / cleanups

Thanks. This is working really well for me. Much quicker on my Raspberry Pi.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
(2014-11-27, 03:53)Milhouse Wrote: Videos -> Add-ons

It never appears in that list, even immediately after the addon enabled notification.
Before the addon broke and was restored recently, I didn't have this problem.
(2014-11-27, 10:17)speedwell68 Wrote: Thanks. This is working really well for me. Much quicker on my Raspberry Pi.

please try this version http://malus.exotica.org.uk/~buzz/iplayer-test.zip and let me know how it works for you.

all: I noticed when things break everyone has plenty of time to post, but when I post a test release very few have time to try them out - please do give it a spin and post me some feedback. thanks.
(2014-11-27, 16:37)exobuzz Wrote:
(2014-11-27, 10:17)speedwell68 Wrote: Thanks. This is working really well for me. Much quicker on my Raspberry Pi.

please try this version http://malus.exotica.org.uk/~buzz/iplayer-test.zip and let me know how it works for you.

all: I noticed when things break everyone has plenty of time to post, but when I post a test release very few have time to try them out - please do give it a spin and post me some feedback. thanks.

Feedback: live streams work. However, Loading and exiting from the playing stream takes an age,

Raspi + xbmc 4.2.1 openelec
thanks to all for this add-on.
2.6.6 works reasonably well.
tried to update to 2.6.8 on helix nightly
i get an error warning that simplejson is missing.
however simplejson 3.3.0 is enabled.
most likely it is operator error.
any ideas?

Test results on OpenELEC 4.95.5 RPi.arm (clean install using plugin default values).

Watch Live - BBC One, Two, News Channel - very fast and excellent quality.
Highlights, Popular, Latest - return results (~ 60s for 1st load and < 3s for subsequent loads).
Search - very fast
Catchup streams - also very fast and excellent quality (I did not notice any delays, as reported by castalla).

Request - do you plan to add an "A-Z" program list (to your already excellent plugin)?

Thanks.
(2014-11-27, 17:40)mentat Wrote:

Test results on OpenELEC 4.95.5 RPi.arm (clean install using plugin default values).

Highlights, Popular, Latest - return results (~ 60s for 1st load and < 3s for subsequent loads).
Search - very fast
Catchup streams - also very fast and excellent quality (I did not notice any delays, as reported by castalla).

Request - do you plan to add an "A-Z" program list (to your already excellent plugin)?

Thanks.

I'm starting to think that my openelec install is flaky ....
Thanks for the feedback. the current api we are using is somewhat flaky/broken with A-Z so it only returns data correct for an A-Z per channel which is less useful. if you try and return a-z programmes for all channels you get no results :/ I may be able to work around this by using the data I am processing on my own web server, and provide some fast reliable a-z lists. Just a matter of free time to put in the development.

I may add some date based browsing though (yesterday/today etc).

those with errors - please post a debug log (on xbmclogs.com) thanks.
(2014-11-27, 17:55)castalla Wrote:
(2014-11-27, 17:40)mentat Wrote:
(2014-11-27, 16:37)exobuzz Wrote: please try this version http://malus.exotica.org.uk/~buzz/iplayer-test.zip and let me know how it works for you.

Search - very fast

Thanks.

I'm starting to think that my openelec install is flaky ....

I was having performance problems with my OpenELEC 4.2.1 install, so I bought a new (faster) SD card and decided to try Kodi (Openelec 4.95.5).
I don't know if its the SD card or the clean install of Kodi (beta5) but it sure seems faster (still running with the RPi Model B).
v2.6.9 is released:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_knGio...sp=sharing

Changes

* restored xbmc4xbox compatibility (since setresolvedurl changes)
* removed old custom resume functionality as native resume now works for
video playback (and watched flags set)
* allow starting screen with radio and tv - useful for audio programme
information which works only from video view
* added bbc school radio ondemand streams
* added bbc sport ondemand streams
* use self hosted cache for ondemand streams. Fixes performance and
timeout issues for channels and brings back radio 4 / world service
lists.
My install seems to have recovered (Huh!!!!) - latest iplayer working like a champ! Thanks.
I would have tried the test version but you were too fast for me! 2.6.9 looking great on my android. Thanks, as ever.
  • 183(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13