• 184(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
Great work exodus.
Have you considered putting a repo for this on your server ?

Hitcher's repo doesn't seem to be up to date.

Thank you.
looks like the atoz listing on the api is somewhat working today. I have now added support in svn for it. you may get timeouts on the radio atoz (I may need to do server side caching as with the channel feeds).
in regards to the repository - I am reconsidering my previous position regarding uploading to the official repository. I will submit it soon - I want to make a few changes in regards to some ancient hardcoded language strings - as I'm pretty sure this will be mentioned after I submit it. I may also move the project to github, now that I have closed/resolved most of the tickets (or I may have a mirror there until then so I can submit it to xbmc)

(2014-11-26, 00:25)laptopu Wrote: I cannot load over-arching categories like if I go to categories - Factual I get no programmes available within seconds. If I go to a sub category like Factual - Consumer I get programmes. Before when this happened I extended the socket timeout to 60 seconds and Factual would be slow to load, over half a minute, but it would load. Now nothing within a few seconds but the socket and stream timeouts are still at 60 seconds.

this is now working again. Nothing to do with me, just the API seems to have recovered.
@exobuzz,

I was testing the new plugin (iPlayer-v2.6.9.zip) on android, it installed fine, but generated a script error (missing simplejson) on startup.
This was reproduced with clean installs of XBMC (Gotham) and KODI (beta5) on android 4.4.4
After searching on the forums, i found similar errors (primarily on android) when the following line:
<import addon="script.module.simplejson" version="3.3.0"/>
is omitted from the addon.xml file (in the plugin zip file).
I updated the addon.xml as follows:
<requires>
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>
<import addon="script.module.simplejson" version="3.3.0"/>
</requires>
and installed (the modified) plugin zip file (this appears to force this imstallation of simplejson, during the iplayer plugin installation).
I don't know if this affects only android, but if not harmful to other platforms, pehaps you could include it, in the next release?
BTW, the plugin works great on android (once script.module.simplejson has been installed).

Thanks.
Thanks. I'll check
Anyone using/testing the latest svn builds may be interested in the following script, which makes life that little bit easier.

http://www.nmacleod.com/public/iplayer-svn

Install with:
Code:
curl -s http://www.nmacleod.com/public/iplayer-svn -o iplayer-svn && chmod +x iplayer-svn

If the svn zip has updated since you last ran the script, it will download the new zip and update your addon.

It will try and work out the location of your XBMC/Kodi addon folder, but if it fails then specify the path as an argument when calling the script, or alternatively create a file called ~/.iplayer-svn.conf and add the following with your correct path:
Code:
ADDONS=/path/to/addons

Tested on OpenELEC, may work on other Linux distributions.

Note that the svn archive I'm hosting is now updating on the hour every hour so should be up to date pretty quickly with all the great changes exobuzz is adding. Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks. Not all the changes are great. They seem that way until I realise I have broken stuff . Smile
I havent tested the nightly builds but just want to commend you exobuzz for your hard work and renewed passion. It would be good to add this to official repo. cant wait
@exobuzz I have a couple of quesions:-
I was going to try out your test builds but I see you've already released a new version but is there any point in those of us with reasonably powerful HTPC's trying out these test builds when/if you bring out another one? I kinda thought from your posts they were aimed at low power devices like the Pi.

Also I see you have now added BBC Sport ondemand streams into version 2.6.9, is there any (easy) way you could add the BBC Sport live streams into the addon please?
which bbc sport live streams ?
(2014-11-29, 02:52)exobuzz Wrote: which bbc sport live streams ?

When the BBC is showing live sports events the BBC Sport website has live streams, I asked the question because if the ondemand sport streams can be incorporated I thought there might be a way the live streams can be too
the bbc advertises their masterbrand "bbc_sports" for on-demand streams via the api I am using. I have no idea regarding live streams for sports.
2.6.10 released

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_knGio...sp=sharing

Changes:

* a to z listings for tv/radio. note some listing may time out currently for radio.
* added aac64 radio stream support
* if using confluence skin try to switch to mediainfo view for programme listings
* fix script.module.simplejson dependency for python < 2.7
* per channel "By Date" browsing at the top of each channel.
* more logical sorting / sort options for listings
* various code fixes / cleanups
(2014-11-29, 03:33)exobuzz Wrote: 2.6.10 released

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_knGio...sp=sharing

Changes:

* a to z listings for tv/radio. note some listing may time out currently for radio.
* added aac64 radio stream support
* if using confluence skin try to switch to mediainfo view for programme listings
* fix script.module.simplejson dependency for python < 2.7
* per channel "By Date" browsing at the top of each channel.
* more logical sorting / sort options for listings
* various code fixes / cleanups

@exobuzz

I wish this forum allowed me to +1 or +thanks or +karma for this excellent work!

Special thanks for adding the 'A to Z' feature in the main script and the <requires> in the addon.xml (works like a charm).

Only one more addition to addon.xml is now required:

provider-name="Alastair, BuZz, Dink, dlake02, exobuzz">

Thanks (again).
Thanks.

The existing "BuZz" in there is me btw Smile
  • 184(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13