• 8(current)
MPlayer1.0pre5 port to XBMC/XBOX
to all dealing with mplayer / dts wav playback :

don't know what happened overnight but the problem i had during the weekend mis-building mplayer.dll ('make' command line that displayed an error message in minsys/mingw) disappeared this morning after i refreshed mplayer directory with wincvs.

and i could at last see the 'make' + 'makedll' command lines working !!! waouw : big thanks to those who updated the files on sourceforge.

in the mean time the xbmc 1.1 was issued so everyone can benefit from new realease. again thanks to all for the hard work...

i had a chance to test the new mplayer.dll with xbmc 1.1 and i must say it's working pretty well for dts .wav playback. however here are some areas where i still find some 'funny behaviours' :
- difficult to browse dvd-r (budget dvd-8x burnt with nero) with philips internal xbox dvd player and play dts .wav files from the dvd-r itself. no way to play tracks directly. the only way is to use '0' from remote to add dir to playlist. it seems that memory leaks are implied cause i a have to reboot between 2 albums playback. note that i can play .avi files without any problems using same procedure (same dvd-r played from same philips internal xbox dvd player). so i doubt it is a hardware related issue. in addition the same dvd-rs can be well played when inserted in my pc's dvdplayers. i can browse them with xbmc smb share and play all content without any problem. i've got 4 of those dvd-r and the issue apply to all of them.
- some tracks (usually the 1st of an album) can't be played. they produce the famous white noise (shhhhhhhh) that u get when dts is not well decoded by dtsdec. i tried to place these problematic files in many locations : pc hdd, dvdr on pc, xbox hd and even renaming them but they always produce the white sound. the same files can be played properly either by vlc media player on pc and /or by standalone dvd player when burnt on cdr so it's got to be something within xbmc/mplayer

weather this is linked to mplayer memory leaks, i dunno

apart from the 2 above mentionned issues, i must say that xbmc+mplayer seems to be a very promising dtsaudio player (probably even more stable than vlc on a pc).

i'll be avaiable to test any further release and well done for the great work done so far.

lud
if your white noise dts wav is not very large, would you upload a sample on .it/upload?

i need those problematic sample to improve the decoder code
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(monkeyhappy @ oct. 18 2004,15:08 Wrote:if your white noise dts wav is not very large, would you upload a sample on .it/upload?

i need those problematic sample to improve the decoder code
my 'white noise' sample = 48.5 mo is it too big or is it ok ? if not i might try to cut a 'slice' of it but i am top familiar with editing dtswav files:-)

+ haven't uploaded on server can you please remind me where to find it .

thxs lud

ps : have found teh section on xbmc.com where to upload from but they say i have to contact administrator for files > than 2 mb my 2 files are 40 mo each

administrator, please revert :-)
simply split the file in smaller (5mb for example) slices. many apps can do this, check that the slice (sample) still has the same issues.. and upload to www.xboxmediaplayer.it/upload
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(pike @ oct. 18 2004,16:18 Wrote:simply split the file in smaller (5mb for example) slices. many apps can do this, check that the slice (sample) still has the same issues.. and upload to www.xboxmediaplayer.it/upload

not that 'simple' i tried with nero audio editor but the cut file became inaudible with vlc.

the thing is dts audio file appear to be simple 2 channel wav files to most softwares but they aren't, they contain 5 channels. so to do a proper cut of a dts audio track i'd have to edit it with the appropriate software (sound forge probably) with the appropriate dts plugin. i don't have all that installed plus i might damage somethign when re-rendering. it might be simple to someone who already did it. to me it's not

it is much simpler to me to upload a 50 mo file. i rarred it to 44 mo. it's not that much. (that's about what i ul each sec on p2p). can't the http://www.xboxmediacenter.com make a little exception for a good cause :-) pleazzzze

if not i can ftp

ludo
no, no and no

dont process the audio data!

just cut the file as data

here's one example proggie, there's 100's of them!

http://fsplit.tripod.com/

(pike @ oct. 18 2004,17:31 Wrote:no, no and no

dont process the audio data!

just cut the file as data

here's one example proggie, there's 100's of them!

http://fsplit.tripod.com/
hum.

i dled + installed fplit as u suggested and from my 50 mo original file it created 10 files of 5 mo that can't be used independantly. u have to used the .bat and it will end up recreating the original file just as winrar would do...

i remain convinced that the only way to 'extract' a portion of a dtsaudio track would be to edit it, cut it and reedit it with the appropriate dts compliant software suite that i don't have at hand.

so please letme know if ul of a 45 mo can be organised.

in the mean time i'll try working a way around installing soundforge...

thxs for the support
you saying the first "cut file" it created doesnt work?

doesnt make any sense!

i have never tested this myself, but logic (which is one of my strong points) suggests otherwise. i will test!

(pike @ oct. 18 2004,18:17 Wrote:you saying the first "cut file" it created doesnt work?

doesnt make any sense!

i have never tested this myself, but logic (which is one of my strong points) suggests otherwise. i will test!
ok it's done with sonic foundry at last

file 3.9 mo rarred (= 30 1st sec of 4 min track) ready to be uploaded on http://www.xboxmediaplayer.it/upload but i need a login as there's is no register section on the upload page

please let me know a login + password so that i can upload

cheers

ludo
you don't need a login. just use the end user upload.

(jmarshall @ oct. 18 2004,20:20 Wrote:you don't need a login.  just use the end user upload.
@ monkeyhappy or anybody looking into improving dtsaudio compatibility

files with dts audio are uploaded on

http://dwl.xboxmediacenter.de/uploadfile.php

there are 3 rar parts to re-assemble to obtain a 30 sec extract of a dts audio. this file that can be played on pc with vlc or burnt on audio cd and played successfully on stand alone dvd player but it won't vbe layed by xbmc 1.1 release running with mplayer 2004.10.18.

good luck lud
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MPlayer1.0pre5 port to XBMC/XBOX0